Village of Paws - An unlikely alliance

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Jupiter

Village of Paws - An unlikely alliance

Post by Jupiter »

There are many objects in this world that are so old that time has forgotten their names; yet there is a stone whose name time never even knew; for this stone was and has been since before the ages were even around to bestow a name. Its true purpose and design are beyond any lore or knowledge within our world; but evil has no care for truth nor purpose – hence the stone’s potential not only to control, but to utterly obliterate a soul from existence was exploited. An army of ghouls and lifeless flesh was summoned to obey a will that was worse than the ether that compels a lich lord into existence. This army’s single purpose was to wage war against anything with a trace of a soul or spark of life. By man’s good fortune, this war was won, and the gem was buried deep in the forgotten halls of the lich lords. For ages it rested, until evil again sought its coveted weapon.

And so the quest for the lost gem of power begins…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jupiter, this is madness! Do you comprehend what you are asking of us? King Zoltan has given all that he is just to bring life back into this deserted village… and now you invite death in at the front doors?!”

“Haggard, please understand… should we fail to heed this petition you will not need to worry about such matters as this village will be squelched along with all other life! Even Strum has seen with his own eyes that the gem is no longer sealed within the liche’s tombs!”

Strum shifted slightly in his chair.

“Is this true? Have you been going along with this foolery?” Haggard demanded.

“If it’s all the same, I needed a bit of inspiration for my song. Honestly, I know of no better place to find it than on the path of adventure! And besides the rest of the villagers were there too. We all saw; we all bore witness."

Haggard looked down. “Very well. If it truly is as dire a situation as you believe Master Wizard, then we shall play part in your schemes. But rest assured I will not allow any of our villagers to be ‘recruited’ to the ranks of the undead. This emissary of yours, this Abyss Ebonmourne, had best be wary of that, lest he wishes to test just how dead a ghost can get!”

Jupiter nodded wearily “I came prepared to compel you on this quest be it willingly or no. I am pleased that you've not made me elect the latter. Now there is an ancient prophecy that I believe speaks of this very moment. Go now, and see that it is fulfilled!”

And the tale of old is written:
Through void and hallow
The villager’s passed.
Seated upon oblivion,
The Abyss –
Their only beacon

The stone that is,
before time was,
from evil hands
they’ve taken

With solemn vows
And oaths of valor
The stone is hid
forever
Attachments
King Haggard_1-1_18.49.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_18.50.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_18.50.jpg (87.99 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
King Haggard_1-1_19.11-1.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_19.11-1.jpg (49 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
King Haggard_1-1_19.22.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_19.24.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_19.24.jpg (123.53 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
King Haggard_1-1_19.24-1.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_19.24-1.jpg (125.3 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
King Haggard_1-1_19.26.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_19.30.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_19.30.jpg (125.75 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
King Haggard_1-1_19.36.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_19.36.jpg (113.43 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
King Haggard_1-1_19.43.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_19.43.jpg (120.09 KiB) Viewed 2472 times

Jupiter

Re: Village of Paws - An unlikely alliance

Post by Jupiter »

It's late and my ability to 'collage' epic photos is sub par at best.

Here is a visual depiction of the night's events.
Attachments
King Haggard_1-1_19.51.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_20.05.jpg
King Haggard_1-1_20.05.jpg (89.27 KiB) Viewed 2472 times

Joad

Post by Joad »

Events like this are the reason I started UO 15 years ago, and it's why I joined this server last week. Nicely done!

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Joad wrote:Events like this are the reason I started UO 15 years ago, and it's why I joined this server last week. Nicely done!
Thank you for your kind word. Without the bravery of the villagers of paws and many others the world of Sosaria would have been destroyed!

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

dbl post
Last edited by Halbu on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

awesome stuff

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Thank you m'lord of the sword.

*lifts glass to house Hlzu*