Village of Paws – In which a gypsy oracle arrives

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Jupiter

Village of Paws – In which a gypsy oracle arrives

Post by Jupiter »

In a small stone house at the outskirts of Paws a woman was tidying up her small house, engaged in a strange conversation seemingly with herself. “Yes, mumma. No, mumma. I will, mumma,” she sighed. A knock at the door disrupted her chat, but she looked up with seeming relief. “The door is open,” she spoke with an alluring voice.

Marius Starsong walked in followed by Haggard. Marius introduced Haggard, “Mistress Tianna, I’ve bring you the captain of the village guard.”

With his helmet tucked under his arm, Haggard moved forward purposefully with clear military discipline. “Mistress Tianna, it is my good pleasure to meet you. Forgive my intrusion, but I make it my business to personally meet anybody who finds residence within the boundaries of Paws.” He moved towards the window and looked out. “As it is, this home you have built is within the boundaries established by Zoltan and thus you are under our protection,” Haggard nodded contently to as if to himself.

Seemingly bemused Tianna replied “You have my thanks Haggard, but I assure you it is not necessary. We…,” she trailed off “I mean, I’m quite capable on my own.”

Haggard nodded “If it’s all the same I shall still send our patrols out on regular occasion.” He paused and looked curiously at the globe on the table. “Madam, forgive me for my ignorance, but that globe, is that a tool of your profession?”

“It is what gives me sight, but it’s no common tool. Why the interest captain?”

“It’s only that I saw a similar object in an abandoned keep in the swamp to the east.” Haggard continued succinctly, “in the very dangerous and very deadly swamp I might add.”

“Indeed?,” Tianna remarked feigning disinterest “perhaps someday you would show me this keep. But for now, I’ve a bit of home making to tend to, so if you don’t mind,” she glanced to the door “I’ll notify you when I’ve prepared the place to divine fortunes for any with a few coin and a curious heart.”

"As you wish Mistress Tianna," Haggard bowed respectfully, "seeing that Zoltan has deemed fit that you be named on the village stone I shall not pry further. If there is anything we can do for you please do not hesitate." Finishing he turned and exited.

As the visitors left, Tianna turned back to the globe, "Yes mumma, he is quite that. But I'll not discuss it with you any further. And yes, that globe he speaks of, it would be quite fun to peek at don't you rather agree?"...