Got the UO bug, came here

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Chike

Got the UO bug, came here

Post by Chike »

Hello everyone. I'm a long time UO player like so many here. Started playing at the age of 13 in 1998. Fifteen years later a couple friends and I still get nostalgic over this game. I'd played on the infamously rainbow hued trammel banksitting fest of hybrid since its beginning and stopped in 2006. Went back there for a second last night and was disgusted. I can't get over the admin abuse, giving away millions, wipe your account if you beat one of them in a duel, the list goes on. They suck.

I remember robbing houses on OSI servers, even while people macroed in them we cleaned them out. But it was so laggy back then, t2a era. Definitely the romantic period, I'm drawn back to this era. Never played on this server as the last time I really 'played uo' was 2006. I'd made a few characters here and walked around talking to people and crafting, people tell me this is the ultimate in griefing and doucheyness. Like all the griefers that existed in 1999 are all the remain and got together here on UOSA.

Well thats cool, I don't care. I'm pretty sure that I've lost more stuff in real life to make any amount of UO loss seem trivial. I've owned castles, keeps, towers, made dozens of 7x characters etc. And now I have nothing and start over. I know I know, coolstory. But I'm glad to be here, for however long I can manage to stay interested.

Anyway just saying Hi to everyone, hoping to make some friends because this place so far seems relatively unfriendly. Anyone want to help an oldschooler out? What makes this game great is companionship, I'm not begging for gold.
Pacific early 98-01
Acropolis 04-05
UOG 05-06, 08

Populus

Re: Got the UO bug, came here

Post by Populus »

Looking forward to making you ragequit
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Hey friend!

It seems you'll have no need of learning the ropes of training up an avatar and such. I'm sad to hear your initial experience has been somewhat unfriendly, but you have probably been about the wrong places.

May I suggest the following:

NEW guild (although you probably won't need their assistance with learning 'how' to train you will find a lot of players training the similar skills and give you an edge there)

Paws village (located and surrounding the shrine of spirituality). This is an RP hub. You don't have to be a member of Paws village to participate in what Paws is. It is an outpost and bastion of hope for those who seek RP minded adventure and antics. (mind you there are all levels of RP'ers here from moderate to dedicated)

Brit Graveyard (if you are looking for pk/pvp opportunities check this area occasionally)

Finally if you want to find a guild check out this forum Guild Forum. I know that the guild Quantum has just recently started up and they seem fairly active. You should reach out to Violator for more information about his guild.

- Jupiter the Grey

Chike

Post by Chike »

Jupiter wrote:Hey friend!

It seems you'll have no need of learning the ropes of training up an avatar and such. I'm sad to hear your initial experience has been somewhat unfriendly, but you have probably been about the wrong places.

May I suggest the following:

NEW guild (although you probably won't need their assistance with learning 'how' to train you will find a lot of players training the similar skills and give you an edge there)

Paws village (located and surrounding the shrine of spirituality). This is an RP hub. You don't have to be a member of Paws village to participate in what Paws is. It is an outpost and bastion of hope for those who seek RP minded adventure and antics. (mind you there are all levels of RP'ers here from moderate to dedicated)

Brit Graveyard (if you are looking for pk/pvp opportunities check this area occasionally)

Finally if you want to find a guild check out this forum Guild Forum. I know that the guild Quantum has just recently started up and they seem fairly active. You should reach out to Violator for more information about his guild.

- Jupiter the Grey

Thanks Jupiter. While I know how the game works it's good to hear from someone who knows whats going on here at UOSA.
Populus wrote:Looking forward to making you ragequit
Go ahead and take the credit if I end up leaving for any reason. You need to feel good, everybody huuuurts, some, time.
Pacific early 98-01
Acropolis 04-05
UOG 05-06, 08

inego
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by inego »

I always try not to feed the trolls but sometimes I can't help myself. Not everyone here is a douche. There are a lot of genuinely good players on this shard you just have to find them. Defiantly join #NEW and feel free to PM me in irc if you need any help getting started or have any questions.
Great Lakes 1998-2001