Trophies and Terror - White Harbor

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Jupiter

Trophies and Terror - White Harbor

Post by Jupiter »

...Ascher sheathed his Kryss, and opened a small bag. He carefully picked up the skull, and deposited it, along with the parchment, and quickly tied the strings. He tried to touch the bag as little as possible, wrapping layers of cut bandages around it in his pack. Hopefully someone with more skill in forensic evaluations would be able to shed some light on what had happened to that skull, and a cartographer should be able to decipher the chart easily enough...
=====================================================================

Turning it around in all directions, Turbo carefully examined the contours of the skull. Grimacing he looked up at Ascher, “You say you found it where? On a table in the middle of a massacre and this was the only one that was flayed so?”

His only answer was a nod.

Turbo’s mind raced back through all his forensic studies he had mastered as a former officer of Britannia. Whoever did this was clearly pathological; flaying a skull and carving their name it. He spun the skull to a slowing stop between his fingers and fixed his gaze on something he’d almost missed.

“Well I’m ashamed to admit that without a body it’s quite impossible for me to tell for certain who killed this person. But fortunately for you, this situation does not call upon my forensic skills as you had thought,” Turbo announced with his odd charm. “You see, it’s not a matter of who killed this person, but more of whose skull this is.” He drew Ascher’s attention to the markings on the skull. “You see somebody took the time to carve their name just below the jawline. This skull here belongs to somebody named Lea! Whoever or whatever it is or why it would engrave it’s name on this skull is beyond me, but there you have it. One more piece to the puzzle I guess,” he shrugged in conclusion.

He swung upon his horse deftly and tossed the grotesque rock to Ascher, “I’ll head into town. I've got a few contacts I can still stir up for some information; though I doubt if any of it will be reliable. Meanwhile you should find the person that assaulted that camp and persuade them to decipher what message that parchment holds.”

Answering Ascher’s puzzled look before it turned into a spoken question Turbo explained, “That there is a trophy, whoever this Lea is, didn't anticipate that you would be along to pinch it while it was curing. They’ll be wanting it back. That’s how you’ll find them.”

The men departed, both knowing that they would have to pick up Xander's trail before it vanished like a terror in the night.