**GLADIATORIAL GAMES** WHITE HARBOR GRAND OPENING!!!!

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
DwMcAliley

**GLADIATORIAL GAMES** WHITE HARBOR GRAND OPENING!!!!

Post by DwMcAliley »

*A piece of paper nailed to the wall of the Bank*

Necromancer, Emperor of White Harbor, Master of the Guild White Fraternity, Protector of the Virtues, Defender of the Realm, Champion of Justice and Honor has declared that there will be a contest for those brave of heart and strong of will.

This contest will be held at the Coliseum of White Harbor, and all who wish to enter are welcome. BEWARE! These gladiatorial games are contests that will be fought to the death. The winner moves on, the loser may have a chance at redemption... All who wish to participate in these gladiatorial games must abide by some simple rules:

1) No looting whatsoever. Any offenders will suffer banishment and their entry fees will be forfeited. No exceptions.

2) No tamed creatures allowed in this battle. There will be more to come with Tamers, but not this time.

3) Only those participating in the current match may be in the dueling pit. First two accidental offenses result in removal. Third results in banishment and forfeiture of entry fees.

Aside from that, anything goes. Contestants are welcome to use any magical or crafted weapons, potions, or spells they see fit.

The outline for the event is as follows:

1) There will be three brackets of competition determined by entry fees: 1k, 5k, and 10k.

2) Contestants may enter only one bracket, so choose carefully.

3) The winner of the 10k bracket will receive a deed to a small house and 90% of the entry fees collected for that bracket (10% goes to the house).

4) The winner of the 5k bracket receives a valorite armor suit, a magic weapon (silver or force+) and 90% of the entry fees, if a warrior. Mages will receive 250 of each reagent plus a gm crafted leather armor suit and 90% of the entry fees for that bracket.

5) The winner of the 1k bracket will receive a golden armor suit, a gm weapon of their choice, and 90% of the 1k entry fees if a warrior. If a mage, the winner receives 100 of each reagent and 90% of the entry fees.

6) After all three gladiator tournaments are complete, if there is interest, there may be a dungeon crawl or a treasure map hunt open to the public.

Registration for these events begins this saturday at 6pm central time (7pm eastern) and registration closes at 8pm central (9pm eastern). The registration will be held at the East Britain Bank with gates offered to those interested to transport them to the Coliseum of White Harbor. Entry fees will be collected at the time of registration and held in escrow until the completion of the event.

Spectators are always welcome, as long as the crowd remains reasonably well behaved. Any serious infractions will be dealt with by the Imperial Guard and may result in removal or banishment as the case calls for. Appeals may be made if anyone feels they have been unjustly accused.

COME ONE!! COME ALL!! WITNESS THE BEST AND THE BRAVEST THIS REALM HAS TO OFFER!!!! COME TO WHITE HARBOR!!!

THE WORLD HAS BEEN SAVED!!! HUZZAH!!!!

Kylathew

Re: **GLADIATORIAL GAMES** WHITE HARBOR GRAND OPENING!!!!

Post by Kylathew »

Friends,
I have been informed by my dear sister Alannah that she would very much like to donate the Valorite and Golden Suits for the winners of the games. I think we also have a GM leather suit that Xander had made in the past lying around the guildhouse somewhere. Also, she would like to donate 3 weapons as well, a vanquishing weapon for the winner of the 10k bracket, a power weapon for the winner of the 5k bracket, and a force weapon for the winner of the 1k bracket.

On a more somber side note, no news yet of Xander. Our brother Jayce continues to search for him while we continue our guard.

-Vance Kylathew
Last edited by Kylathew on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DwMcAliley

Post by DwMcAliley »

*Ascher reads the letter and nods approvingly*

*Pulling out a pen and parchment, he drafts a reply*

House Kylathew,

A most generous and welcome offer. We greatly appreciate your contributions, and those items will be added to the prize packages for the winners. Your house has proven a valued and dear friend and ally. We stand ready to ride to your aid, should you require it.

As for your brother Xander, I am pursuing a line of evidence currently.... I hesitate to say more just yet, but I will keep you posted. We all look forward to the return of such an honorable man.

Sincerely,

Lord Captain Ascher Kraw
Commander of the Imperial Guard
Defender of the Virtues

Grifty McGrift

Post by Grifty McGrift »

Are my guildies and I welcome at this event after our last ummm, altercation?
"They used to call me Grifty McGrift. I wrote the book on flim-flammin"

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

DwMcAliley wrote:*A piece of paper nailed to the wall of the Bank*

... a contest for those brave of heart and strong of will...

DwMcAliley wrote: ...all who wish to enter are welcome. BEWARE! These gladiatorial games are contests that will be fought to the death. The winner moves on, the loser may have a chance at redemption...
If the above statements apply to you, then you best feel invited - all previous altercations will be put aside! If you come on your reds, please note that we will have a cease fire within the arena, but as with all events, the most we will be able to do is ban people who are being excessively disruptive in the crowds. This however does not prevent them from attempts of LoS exploits from outside the arena. We doubt however you will have any problems taking justice into your own hands.

DwMcAliley

Post by DwMcAliley »

All who wish to come are welcome.

An Emperor's Peace.... a Pax Imperia.... Will reign over this event. All previous animosities, altercations, and aggression shall be laid aside at the door. As Turbo stated, there will be no grudges here. We assemble under a flag of truce to test our skills and our wits.

The Imperial Guard vouches for the safety of all participants. Any who come under a flag of truce, and keep the peace, shall be protected by force of arms by the Imperial Guard. All who break the peace shall answer to us, and to me, personally.

You have my solemn oath.

So come, mateys. Eat, drink, and make merry as you see fit! For tomorrow, we all may die. And, by the salt in the sea, and the copper in my blood, I vow that the day after this tournament, when the sun rises, we shall be enemies once again.

But for this night, let us come together as brothers in arms.... and let the winds of fate blow us where they will.

Lord Captain Ascher Kraw
Commander of the Guard
Defender of the Virtues.

shonnie53
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by shonnie53 »

come one come all... the date is saturday 3-9-13 at 8 pm (central time) pictures of keep to follow....
Xandy

shonnie53
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by shonnie53 »

Necromancer, the Emperor of White Fraternity and Xandy , Lady of White Harbor would like to express their gratitude and thanks to the House of Kylathew… for their wonderful donation of weapons, armor and a leather suit of Xander’s (who is always on our minds). We are honored by your generosity of these things. Please join us at our opening of White Harbor.
On a side note:
Vance if I can do anything to help find Xander, please let me know. His disappearance lays heavily on my heart. My dragons are at your disposal or anything else I have in my possession.
Xandy

Deziredvisions

Post by Deziredvisions »

Necromancer_3-7_15.36.jpg

DwMcAliley

Post by DwMcAliley »

Don't forget the Gladiatorial Games tonight!!!! White Harbor welcomes all and we look forward to seeing you there.