Shadowclan orcs (recruiting)

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Velgamog

Shadowclan orcs (recruiting)

Post by Velgamog »

If you are interested in orc RP, there is no better guild than shadowclan ! we have recently moved back to the server and are looking to enlist some new orcs for the guild wars ahead. If interested in joining our ranks, create a hairless human character with an orcish name and get to our fort south of the yew spawning point.

Courtney Love
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Shadowclan orcs (recruiting)

Post by Courtney Love »

very cool
"I bought this baby.. Cash!!" - Tron, Richest Man in the World

KingCo

Post by KingCo »

My fav. adversaries! I wish you well! So i can prosper whence i kill thine green arses! :mrgreen:

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

HOOWAH BUMP

Always need fresh runteez for to become gruntz and join the ghaashbludz!! ;)
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Darix

Post by Darix »

Having played with these guys on Catskills ~1999-2000 and for many other years as an ally, I can say that it can be one of the most fun experiences within the game. Its actually VERY rewarding to work your way through the ranks, and you get to behave in a fashion that brings a chuckle now and then. You are given a certain level of responsibility, and its is very structured and very organized when activity is good.

Also, being a gruntee in a lineup of several others (or being the grunt that is training them and shouting out orders) is a wonderful experience that I will never forget. You end up PvPing alot, often with your own kin, and when battling with other RP clans, it gets very enjoyable for both sides.

I highly recommend them! Wishing Shadowclan the best of luck! I may join you again someday ;)

Klomp dem toopid humies!

Regards,

Ajar Deathstrike (UND Ancient One Retired 2003-2004)
Darix Darkbane (Bone Warrior retired 1998)
Gung'zog (Throquat Uzg Kigg-r Retired 1999-2000)
Boen (Welsh Bowmen) - Retired 1999
Catskills RP vet 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient- Undead 1997-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - 1999-2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '97
Boen - Welsh Bowmen 99

Arkinium Ridicus

Post by Arkinium Ridicus »

I believe I do remember the orc guild from the original UO. I was a member of the Guardsman Militia, we had a lot of wars against you and the skeleton guild, it was my most memorable UO experience. If there is actually some RP guilds starting up, i'm extremely interested in joining one. I would sign up for the Shadowclan orcs, but I have no idea how to roleplay an orc!

~ Arky.

Darix

Post by Darix »

Arkinium Ridicus wrote:I believe I do remember the orc guild from the original UO. I was a member of the Guardsman Militia, we had a lot of wars against you and the skeleton guild, it was my most memorable UO experience. If there is actually some RP guilds starting up, i'm extremely interested in joining one. I would sign up for the Shadowclan orcs, but I have no idea how to roleplay an orc!

~ Arky.

Ark, just hit up shadowclan.org, and see the section entitled History of the shadowclan, then check the catskills section for "Role playing an Orc" I think. Traveling right now so I can't confirm, but that should get you started. It's really not hard to catch on and is really fun. You'll love it :) i may join again someday too.
Catskills RP vet 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient- Undead 1997-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - 1999-2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '97
Boen - Welsh Bowmen 99

Arkinium Ridicus

Post by Arkinium Ridicus »

Darix wrote:
Arkinium Ridicus wrote:I believe I do remember the orc guild from the original UO. I was a member of the Guardsman Militia, we had a lot of wars against you and the skeleton guild, it was my most memorable UO experience. If there is actually some RP guilds starting up, i'm extremely interested in joining one. I would sign up for the Shadowclan orcs, but I have no idea how to roleplay an orc!

~ Arky.

Ark, just hit up shadowclan.org, and see the section entitled History of the shadowclan, then check the catskills section for "Role playing an Orc" I think. Traveling right now so I can't confirm, but that should get you started. It's really not hard to catch on and is really fun. You'll love it :) i may join again someday too.
I took your word for it and signed up last night. The guild is a lot more active than what I thought it was going to be. It is going to take some time getting used to the RP, especially the language. I hope to see you join them too.

Thanks,
Arky.

Velgamog

Post by Velgamog »

shadowclan speech is simple enough to master in a day, and complex enough to baffle anyone at first sight. here's a list of the basic speech and numbers. know these, and youll be fine

basic speech
i - me
you - lat
yes - yub
no - nub
good - bubhosh
bad - nubhosh
and - agh
know / understand - gruk
speak - blah
kill - klomp
ok - dabu or ukee
thanks - rulg
hello - ug
bye - gugye
cheer - hoowah!

numbers (1 - 10)
ash
dub
gakh
futh
H
Hash
Hdub
Hgakh
Hfuth
HH

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

And just spell out phonetically everything else, making sure it is spelled wrong if possible. English majors begone! Were you an F student? This could be your chance to shine!

Wydstrin

Post by Wydstrin »

Vishakt wrote:And just spell out phonetically everything else, making sure it is spelled wrong if possible. English majors begone! Were you an F student? This could be your chance to shine!
skah, me iz gitin usd tu id. bud me fynd me duin id wen me iz wrytin paypr's fe me skul'in. Veri anoi'n. Sumtymes doh me fynd me usin' humie blah wen me kan't git da urk blah ryte.

Cullinarn

Post by Cullinarn »

These guys are the real deal; I had to "gib trybut" the other day to avoid getting "klomped" by their fort. All of them are always in character, and it really adds a lot to the shard. It's exciting to have an Urk clan again. :)
Cullinarn
Founder
The House of Oor'tael

farnk

Post by farnk »

where are u dirty fucking inbreds at i want to smash my halberd into your fuckin lopsided melons and piss on your smelly corpses

Tom

Post by Tom »

Been considering making an orc...

Wydstrin

Post by Wydstrin »

Tom wrote:Been considering making an orc...
No hair... anywhere...

I guess skin tone isnt an issue on uosa, but if you poke around the website you can find the classic tone, which i took, cuz I feel dirty anyother way...

we have been getting a few recruits who show up with hair. We will klomp you and send you on your way if this is the case...

plus please stay in char at all times... If you have questions that you cannot put into words in game, goto www.shadowclan.org and ask there...