Shadowclan orcs (recruiting)

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Shadowclan orcs (recruiting)

Post by Menkaure »

Some of my favorite memories of OSI Catskills was running up to the Shadowclan Orc Fort (which was the one right by Yew in OSI, and I lived right beside the guard tower below the brigand camp) and fighting the orcs. I then would run a few screens to the right and fight some of the undead guild as well. Tons of fun. Used to love fighting Orcs, but loved killing undead even more.
My cousins started playing UO and they would run up the orc fort with me, and those memories were just plain hilarious. The orcs would beat the hell out of my cousins, and I would always end up dying trying to save their newbie arses. Memories....
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Darix

Post by Darix »

Menkaure wrote:Some of my favorite memories of OSI Catskills was running up to the Shadowclan Orc Fort (which was the one right by Yew in OSI, and I lived right beside the guard tower below the brigand camp) and fighting the orcs. I then would run a few screens to the right and fight some of the undead guild as well. Tons of fun. Used to love fighting Orcs, but loved killing undead even more.
My cousins started playing UO and they would run up the orc fort with me, and those memories were just plain hilarious. The orcs would beat the hell out of my cousins, and I would always end up dying trying to save their newbie arses. Memories....

As a specific rank in the Undead, I was often the only one who could use DP and/or Mounts, so I loved rushing down to help the Orcs and surprising the hell out of some unsuspecting tank mages :). It was also awesome how they implemented formation tactics to take down enemies they would usually have little chance against. Those were some really fun times.

I remember when it was gruntee boot camp time and all gruntees would have to rally at a certain time and line up for inspection to see how their progression and gathering was going. There were lines and lines of them.. it was quite a sight.

Imagine logging on to 20-50 active clanmates at any given time per day, and hundreds on during any event. This clan was that huge at one point.

I remember when shadowclan needed several guildstones to hold all members... it was ridiculous. Undead needed a couple too. The RP community on cats was one of the most PVP oriented and massive warfare based communities ever. It was extremely fun and some of the best times in a game I have ever had period.

Glad you appreciated it from your side of the table too.
Catskills RP vet 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient- Undead 1997-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - 1999-2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '97
Boen - Welsh Bowmen 99

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Some of you undead guys had some of the sickest weapons I ever looted. I remember at one time, my friend Daywalker or Dreamwalker joined one of your opposing RP guilds, and killed an undead in town, i snuck up and looted a +20 vanq short spear off the body, he was mad that i did that because he was RPing and I put him in a bad position too cause he didnt wanna call guards on me, but it was worth it for that weapon! :)
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Darix

Post by Darix »

Menkaure wrote:Some of you undead guys had some of the sickest weapons I ever looted. I remember at one time, my friend Daywalker or Dreamwalker joined one of your opposing RP guilds, and killed an undead in town, i snuck up and looted a +20 vanq short spear off the body, he was mad that i did that because he was RPing and I put him in a bad position too cause he didnt wanna call guards on me, but it was worth it for that weapon! :)

Nice. I bet he was under the microscope after that :P. Sweet find though :)
Catskills RP vet 1997-2003

Ajar Deathstrike - Ancient- Undead 1997-2003
Gung'zog - Throquat Uzg Kigg'r - 1999-2000
Darix Darkbane - Bone Warrior - Undead '97
Boen - Welsh Bowmen 99

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Darix wrote:
Menkaure wrote:Some of you undead guys had some of the sickest weapons I ever looted. I remember at one time, my friend Daywalker or Dreamwalker joined one of your opposing RP guilds, and killed an undead in town, i snuck up and looted a +20 vanq short spear off the body, he was mad that i did that because he was RPing and I put him in a bad position too cause he didnt wanna call guards on me, but it was worth it for that weapon! :)

Nice. I bet he was under the microscope after that :P. Sweet find though :)
Yea I think he got the boot shortly after that day, he was upset at me for a while. To be fair, I did give all the other loot back to the undead guy, and just kept the weapon. You guys had a dexxer that used macing and archery, he always wore a red sash over his bone armor, a dark grey kilt, and black boots, I wish i could remember his weird name, but the reason i mention this was, because, to this day, he was one of the best dexxers (pvp wise) I ever seen. I seen him take down many hally mages back in the day that were really good at 1v1's. That qstaff he carried around, Im sure, helped that matter :), but still he was REALLY good. Vishakt? Viscakt? Ah, I cant remember...
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

tonywilson
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tonywilson »

i have made my orc Vulug on this server im from the old days im at the yew fort but dont see any one there :evil:

tonywilson
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tonywilson »

i made my old guy vulug here hoooowaaah Shaderclan

tonywilson
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tonywilson »

lol another failed guild these guys are never fucking online just like bloodrock what a joke. :x

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

tonywilson wrote:lol another failed guild these guys are never fucking online just like bloodrock what a joke. :x
haha. I would say to you, "Another hasty conclusion"

I agree, with you that they may not be as active right now, but I heartily disagree that Shadowclan failed.

You show up a day late and a dollar short. These guys were 100% active when they started. You must understand there are legitimate factors that lead to reduced activity:

1. The people behind these characters are actually real people, who cannot play an old online game from 1999 24/7. You know, they have to eat probably have family, etc.
2. Clutch leadership has to take time off or is overworked (see point 1, clutch leadership are basically volunteers. Last time I checked you don't get paid to play UOSA)

Here's an idea, send one of them a PM before claiming they are inactive or failed?

I dunno, I'm just a crazy person.

*clarification I am not nor ever have been any member of the Orc clans. I'm simply an observer.

- Jupiter the Grey

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

I've been on most days this week Vulug. I heard you'd come to the fort a few times. You'd see Dumluk and maybe Lugrat, then leave quickly. This is why SC is slow right now. Unfortunately Orc RP is so good that some orc players are extremely lazy. If they log on and there isn't a war party then they log right off. I still often see an "ug" and then if only 1 or 2 orcs reply they log off. In my opinion that is exactly why any guild goes inactive and/or fails. Not just RP guilds.

The best orcs log on and do what orcs do. Clear the fort area, patrol around, look for new orcs to recruit, take a trip, etc.

Jupiter is right though we were in full swing until about 8 weeks ago. Right now our activity is low. We're hoping that once the weather turns from frikkan awesome to crappy again that things will pick back up. Truth be told if you give me a squad a three quality players (orcs in this case) we'll have a great time and take plenty of human heads in the process.

All that said, if you are looking to roleplay an orc: be rude, set traps, run around unmounted, kill horses, scream a lot, and just have fun without having to worry about pixels, look us up.

http://www.shadowclan.org/darkmoot/viewforum.php?f=182

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Bloodrock is really active recently.. Seen a lot of them around.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

Vish hab peeped dem. In hutz traynun agh ash tym wen raydun breetun der wuz ash sittun ad bank'a lyk humies du.

Nub tri tu reekrut fer de bluudchukz heer. Uz nub du id un de Bloodrock skyblah. Dat nubhosh.

Note: Boondock_Saint and tonywilson are current and former Bloodrock orcs. The above text asks that they not recruit in our thread as we don't recruit in their threads.

Now for the bump:

Shadowclan looks for all types of orcs, but won't hang around with humans and almost always are on foot. While in each battle we want to crush you, behead you, and dance on your corpse overall we are here to be intelligent monsters and fight at a disadvantage. Yes, you may someday be killed by an orc in an ambush, or be "pee-kayed" without interaction, but you might also just end up bantering and buying your way out of a 1v4 with some fish steaks, and chances are also good you'll fight an underequiped orc and win. As an orc this shouldn't bother you. Dying is what we do. In the process we take many heads for our collections.

Our life is centered around the Yew Fort. We are a community group, we share everything and do things for each other. If you feel like talking strange and hanging out with a group always looking for fun and not for pixels look us up. We're easy to find.

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Every orc that is recruited, I will personally give that recruit 10k and some gm weapons, ringmail etc if needed, to help him start out.
Vishakt, keep a list of every orc that you recruit, and PM me their forum name/irc name and orc name. I will do my best to deliver this gold immediately once I see you have Orc tags above your name.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Bump
Free 10k to every person who joins shadow clan orcs (must have tags above your head showing me your in the guild, pm me a time to meet you)
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

Har! Wad runtee gunna du wiff awl dem shinies! Gib tu de klan!!!

RULG Humie. We greatly appreciate this but for this incentive to work you'd probably have to give it to a humie toon of theirs, or I guess they could bank it for vendor use later in their orcish life. As a community guild their equipment will be provided for already.

In other news make one soon. We'll be doing another dungeon raid very soon and the more orcs the better! Guy from *F* from the skara battle last week, if you need to get in touch with us again just PM me.

HOOWAH!!