Statues and Stone - White Harbor

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Jupiter

Statues and Stone - White Harbor

Post by Jupiter »

Jupiter had been staring at the manuscripts regarding the ancient rock for hours; memorizing each part of the story until he knew them by heart – as if he had been present at each moment in history when it had appeared for all he knew, he may well have been.

Pouring of the pages, the recurring theme was that of shrieking spiders and jabbering claws. He wasn’t sure if this stone would work, but it was indeed quite old and should at least fool the lackey Kurse. He wasn’t sure what powers Kurse possessed so he had to take every precaution to ensure that everyone believed they were seeking the relic without name.

Jupiter’s image came through the pedestal a bit garbled, but his voice was heard clearly by those on the other side. “Xandy, if you can spare it, send you’re most powerful regiment into the lost lands of Poopah. You may want to lead them yourself, as this mission will indeed be fraught with peril. I shall join you as soon as I am able, but I will need you to gain a defensive hold in the old halls of Teranth. Can you prevail?”

“Of course, Jupiter, we shall prevail! I shall take Hudson, the Famous Lute-less bard, Crypto one of our newest initiates, The Lady Abigail and her blazon companion, Draco Neone the Treasure Hunter, Blard the Invisible, and Princesa with her mighty blade the Mistress of Valor!”

Upon arriving to the ancient crumbling halls, Jupiter found the might of the White Lady’s forces had cleared the area more than he had hoped. With the entrance to the Ophidian caves cleared, he was able to begin searching without delay.

But his excavation was fruitless for all he found was useless iron ore. “What is it you seek, Grey man? You didn’t honestly send us into the depths of despair for ore did you?” Hudson quizzically prodded as he attempted to tune his lamentable instrument.

“No, no. You are quite right. To be perfectly honest there is a room within these halls that I had hoped to discover. It houses an ancient fountain that I wished to gaze into for clarity. And that’s to be perfectly honest. The only trouble is that the only map of the room’s location has been torn from the only manuscript I could find. It had been lost in a great battle between snake-men and chattering arachnids so I had hoped we might discover it here.. but at this rate and with my skill of digging, we’ll not find anything before the next age dawns.”

“Well why didn’t you say so?!” Hudson chortled “I saw some writings on the wall of the castle that depicted such a battle. It showed some great wing’ed things carrying off the souls and treasures of all those who fell. Surely if we find those things, we shall find your map!”

Without a second thought Jupiter flew to the castle “Xandy hold this position till Hudson and I return! We shall see to these Under Lords and we will win the day!”

Darkness permeated the entire halls, and dispersed only with great contempt as the light from Jupiter’s staff pressed through it. Racing through the hallways was not how he had expected the events to twist. But when he returned with the map, he had found the spiders had returned with full force. Two of Abigail’s faithful dragons had perished in the battle and with the Balrons in pursuit to recover their precious map, they were afforded no time to plot their next course.

They all pause in awe when they finally arrived at the burning chalice – the only source of light within this ancient kingdom.

“Quickly now! Everyone grab hold of the chalice and you shall be taken to safety!”

The darkness convened around them like a curtain veiling the last act of a wrenching tragedy as Cutie stayed behind. With her back to the group and facing the infinite waves of spiders, the ever faithful red dragon spread her massive wings and belched fire in all directions. It would be the last time they would set eyes upon her as they vanished into the room long forgotten.

Blinking, each of them acclimated to the light. The room of Stars was indeed a wonder to behold! Here Jupiter could think more clearly. Here, Cutie’s sacrifice would not be squandered.
Attachments
Jupiter_4-22_21.32.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_21.32-2.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_21.32-2.jpg (41.99 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Jupiter_4-22_21.40.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_21.40.jpg (57.12 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Jupiter_4-22_21.49.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_21.49.jpg (36.16 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Jupiter_4-22_21.52.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_21.52.jpg (66.12 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Jupiter_4-22_21.57.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_21.57.jpg (61.06 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Jupiter_4-22_22.04.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_22.04.jpg (104.84 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Jupiter_4-22_22.12-1.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_22.12-1.jpg (111.67 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Jupiter_4-22_22.12-2.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_22.12-2.jpg (114.95 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Jupiter_4-22_22.21.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_22.21.jpg (119.5 KiB) Viewed 2257 times

Jupiter

Re: Statues and Stone - White Harbor

Post by Jupiter »

^^ more graphic records
Attachments
Jupiter_4-22_22.22-1.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_22.22-1.jpg (130.21 KiB) Viewed 2256 times
Jupiter_4-22_22.22-2.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_22.23.jpg
Jupiter_4-22_22.23.jpg (115.11 KiB) Viewed 2256 times

shonnie53
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by shonnie53 »

Walking the land around White Harbor with her newest dragon, Cedric, Xandy feels something in the air.. She knows trouble is brewing, but how to stop it she has not come to a decision yet. The heads of innocent people are being sent back to the guild house. People, she herself asked to go and deliver a message for her. ( This weighs heavily on Xandy) This madness must be stopped.
As she looks to the horizon hoping to see the answer she is seeking, Cedric nudges her to bring her back to the present *Xandy pets the massive head* “Cedric, my friend, our time together could be short, but we must go on a journey.” A plan is forming in Xandy mind, taking shape. She has one last friend she can call upon, but Xandy must go alone. She turns to go to the Keep to get ready for the upcoming trip. As Xandy is walking to the keep she does not notice the fellow lurking in the jungle watching her.
Xandy

shonnie53
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by shonnie53 »

WE ARE AT WAR...... everyone beware.. Xandy must get help for white harbor. she makes haste to gather her things and her dragon. We did manage to kill Victor Gallows, his stuff is stored at the keep. Maybe we can bargain with him and give it back. Jupiter must be told. Xandy is still trying to sort out all Victor told her.
Xandy