Jupiter's lament - an ode to Paws

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Jupiter

Jupiter's lament - an ode to Paws

Post by Jupiter »

an ode to paws.
that village of Gypsys.
to you I gave my full measure.
though in my heart I knew
it could not last forever
yet I hoped for a little longer.
I ne'er wonder why ye left
for such is the path of tigani.
But atop the muck and mire
ye truly left a village to admire.
every chance I get I pass this way
but like the moon misses her sun -
separated by time and space -
where you are I cannot follow
and where I am you have already been

shonnie53
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Jupiter's lament - an ode to Paws

Post by shonnie53 »

so well put Jupiter. And I still miss them even now. the talks, the events, the kidnapping of strangers and making them friends, the idoc sitting and just knowing a great bunch of people. the two of you were truly great together in making quest up and taking us through the lands. I had been playing for a while but uo came to life for me when I pmed a person named Blaine and asked if I could come for a visit to see what PAWS was about and he sent me and strum into the hidden valley for a head (which I had never in my life killed a person) strum killed them and I brought a leg. (did not know how to find the head of a person). then off with cass to find 6 grizzly bears all out of the yew country side. I cheated I had to bring them from ocllo but I remember Cass was so scared to cheat, that Blaine would know. ( Now I know how he knew) LOL It was then in this Paws community that I really learned how to get around in uo and do things and my love of the uo game was born. I was more of a newbie with a year of playing than anyone on this shard I bet.

So my hat is off to all the people of Paws, who for a while made my UO experience an adventure. this includes you my friend, Jupiter as much as the others.
Xandy

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Who or what is Paws?
How did "Blaine" know if you were cheating?
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Elyron Valanthir

Post by Elyron Valanthir »

The Village of PAWS was truly a testament to this shard's ability to foster an imaginative RP community. It's sad that it didn't last very long, hopefully there will be someone who will follow in the footsteps of Blaine and make the effort to establish another community that fosters and furthers the spirit of UO RPing. UOSA would be better for it.

Elyron Valanthir
High Elven Emissary to Britannia

shonnie53
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by shonnie53 »

Blaine was a leader of paws or the brother to the leader and he used the uo map to keep track of everyone. incase they need help he could find them. at the time I did not know what the uo map was much less you could keep track of people... and Cass did not know either. She thought Blaine had a crystal ball and looked in it to watch all of us. LOL Paws is located right outside of Trinsic by the Spiritually Shirne. It is still there today. Towers standing, homes there and the Cat's lair waiting for the owners and the tribe to come home. Of course no one has told the village they are not coming back. I still go there to make sure every thing is still standing and listen to the laughter of voices gone as the sounds drifts across the lands. And I wish them all God Speed. Where this life of uo will take me who knows? Maybe I will travel to other lands also. I love my new guild and the new people are wonderful, but PAWS well it was the first love in my life in UO land and we all know that your first love is something special and dear to your heart. so in answer to your what is PAWS and who is Blaine. I just wished you could of been there then you would know it was a spirit of the heart and a village of good friends.
Xandy

Fnocker

Post by Fnocker »

i agree paws was dope

DwMcAliley

Briefly...

Post by DwMcAliley »

I knew some of the members of Paws, but only briefly. I got a glimpse of the glory of days past. And then, even that faded.

I still sometimes walk the halls, silent now. The laughter.... the music.... it has all faded. The stones still stand, or rather, most of them do. And the memories are there, as they always seem to be. But the people that made them.... they are gone.

It is hard, to miss what you never had.... but miss it I do.

From my tower, in the Vale, just to the south of Paws.... I can see the glow from the Shrine, and it makes me smile. It's good to know that at least with the silence there is..... peace....

In any case, know you, one and all, that my doors are always open to the wayward traveler. Come, and visit. And we will tell tales and sing songs of the honored dead over a mug of ale or a glass of wine. The offer is open to all.

Signed and Sealed,

Zeddar, Lord of the Vale.