Ok so i finally got around to say HI! :P

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Emberdawn

Ok so i finally got around to say HI! :P

Post by Emberdawn »

Hello all you nutty players out there.

Ive been here a while now and figured it was time to introdouce myself to you all as my characters seem to be getting to a point where i can actually start being active.

I started playing UO way back in the late 90´s like many others in here even though it was before t2a. Back then i was really interested in the game but being in denmark on a 33,6 modem i found myself lagged out most of the time. A pk attack was mostly me seeing Corp por somewhere at the edge of the screen and then a frozen screen after wich i ran back to town to find a healer but. Ah well. Dying wasnt frustrating.. The smug "Loser" comments from the pk i had no way of defending myself against however was :P.

I kept playing though and did manage to be part of the action somewhat but at some point i went on a cruise ship as a steward and didnt find my way back to uo for a couple of years.

I then joined the freeshard communities and had some great adventures playing in different worlds. I battled monsters, players and sometimes even gms LoL but shards back then was mostly setup on spare computers in the basement so they came and died within a couple of years or even months. Frustrating to say the least..

I then joined a project where we tryed to bring in stuff like player built towns and town system. Not with Muls but with crafting systems that enable you to craft every little bit. Walls, Windows, Doors and patios. Then players would assemble their own stuff and when approved have it included into the downloadable mapfile. I had my hand in some of the systems including AI but i allso started helping out on other shard doing custom quests like so many others where i tryed to bring in some actual story lines.

Ah well.. WOW came along and i fought for a long time to stay away from the easy user interface but it caught me in the end when a friend payed of some debt by handing me his account. I stayed there for some years and actually thought UO dead. BUT something was missing.. At one point i went back to see what this trammel thing was. I logged on to my oooold account and quickly found myself a millionaire because of the veteran awards that had piled up over time even though my account was inactive. Gmd a mage and left... Where was the fun i remembered.

A couple of years later and here i am and happy to find a community still holding on. A possibility to relive some of the adventures i had back in the late 90´s with a connection to the server that keeps me from lagging out of the fun :P.

Ok seems i allready wrote an essay that noones gonna read anyway as i found myself with a lot of time on my hands while my char is burning up regs to train resist and magery but..

IF I LOST YOU THROUGH ALL THE JUMBLE OVER THIS POINT IN THE POST SOMEWHERE.. Start here..

My main char is Emberburn with a setup ive learned that goes by the term of Dexer. Im still trying out different stuff and even though i know all the basics i still learn more as i forgot a lot about how it was to play back then.

I found some helpfull people like Linniej and Elkhead to get me started.
Ive done some hunting with Hootie and fought the orcs but im looking for a way into the community for real. A guild forexample. Been looking around but not sure whats active and whats not.

As a player i dont shy away from pvp and like the concept of red vs blue as a way to define your faction.

I accept the fact that theres players out there who will try to trick me to loot me clean. Blues that will hang around in dungions hidden to get me when im weak. Thieves that will try to get to my pack or in my house and sometimes succeed. Yeah theres different playstyles and all power to it.

I tryed the dark side once to and didnt really like it :P.

In the late 90´s i remember exploiting a bug to steal chests from some guys tower and later got him townkilled in brit because of that. I laughed when a PK stormed some poor crafters patio house, Killed em all and looted em clean. i had a pk on a shard to see what that was like but quit that quickly as i didnt find it fun...

Ok ok ill stop writing more.. Im still gonna post it cause i spent so much time on it but above all. HI HERE I AM and i think im home =)

Whitley
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Ok so i finally got around to say HI! :P

Post by Whitley »

Welcomber Emberdawn, and tell your friends to come play too :)

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

Lat a breedur? Lat blah lyk ash fe-urk.

*snorts* GIB TRIBUUT!!

Har. Tuu muj cydur... Welkum tu de sekund ayg!

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Menkaure »

Welcome to UOSA!
If what you say is true of OSI UO, I should activate one of my accounts just to get the veteran awards, 16 years stacked up of awards should be a pretty penny, lol.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

Capitalist

Post by Capitalist »

Welcome to the shard. You really seem likeable and community oriented. For this, I shall only kill you 3 out of every 4 times that I see you. No thanks are needed, enjoy UOSA. :)
Denis the Menace wrote:Vega for me you are just exploiting the uosa system with your vanq charged spellreflect recall invis pink boobi pvp trammel style which never existed on osi, so stfu.
Jakob wrote:Regardless of douchebag, fair player or Vega.

shonnie53
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by shonnie53 »

If you are looking for an active guild find. A person in the *F* guild. Have them to send a message to xandy. We are active almost 24/7 we have meetings every sunday and we try to go on hunts at least 3 times a week as an guild event. Come meet us we might be what u are looking for. If not nice to meet a new and returning player.
Xandy

Emberdawn

Post by Emberdawn »

Thank. Sound fun. Think i saw u guys last sunday when i was stealthing around lichroom. Saw u guy chasing of yitamin. Was about to place a corp por on him but werent sure who u guys were lol

Emberdawn

Post by Emberdawn »

Thank. Sound fun. Think i saw u guys last sunday when i was stealthing around lichroom. Saw u guy chasing of yitamin. Was about to place a corp por on him but werent sure who u guys were lol