New

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
negativefx83

New

Post by negativefx83 »

Hey all,

New/returning player. Looking for some insight as to what is the best way to start out. I'm looking to make some money and get a house first. What should I be investing in (starting stats, skills, etc).

Thanks in advance!

Xanben

Re: New

Post by Xanben »

If you're looking to make money start with 50 resist and 49 magery, with 1 in provo, macro herding until you have 100 str (start 45 str 25 dex, 10 int) lock the dex right when you start. then macro music and provocation at any stable (Brit easiest to work at). Once you gm you can go out and provoke lich to fight liches and just prepare a lightning to finish it off. Then loot. That's how I'm sure a lot of people start

negativefx83

Post by negativefx83 »

ok thanks man - will try that.

negativefx83

Post by negativefx83 »

Having an issue macroing herding, how do i do that correctly using razor?

Ukkirk

Post by Ukkirk »

Use the crook on the animal and target the ground. Then edit the macro to change the "absolute target" for the ground to "target relative location."

Xanben

Post by Xanben »

Ukkirk wrote:Use the crook on the animal and target the ground. Then edit the macro to change the "absolute target" for the ground to "target relative location."
Also add In pause timers after every absolute target and double click. (make the 750 milliseconds) just to cushion the macro's smoothness :) and make sure you're standing in the pen with the animal.

solar

Post by solar »

Seek the guild new they do this for in game role play (character development)

Gideon6

Post by Gideon6 »

Thanks for your post!

SeTiDaYeTi

Post by SeTiDaYeTi »

negativefx83 wrote:Hey all,

New/returning player. Looking for some insight as to what is the best way to start out. I'm looking to make some money and get a house first. What should I be investing in (starting stats, skills, etc).

Thanks in advance!
Hi man, I guess I started a roughly three weeks after you. I was wondering: how's it going? Wanna hang out together to get PKed some day? ;)

Manix

Post by Manix »

SeTiDaYeTi wrote:
negativefx83 wrote:Hey all,

Thanks in advance!
Hi man, I guess I started a roughly three weeks after you. I was wondering: how's it going? Wanna hang out together to get PKed some day? ;)

New as well, Been on shard for about 2 weeks. Have not been PK'ED yet and really excited about how everyone is literately willing to help. I am usually around Delucia, Brit or Skara. Manix or Thomas Bryce.
Thomas Bryce & Manix

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Honestly I wouldn't ever start with 50 resist. Should've done 50 provo.

55 resist can be attained with relative ease if you can cast fire field.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Check out the guide section for lots of good information for new players. Welcome!