Application for URK Fort Improvement

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Do you support the fort change proposal?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Yes, I support the standing request.
79%
No, I do not support the standing request.
21%

Total votes: 33

Leerix

Re: Application for URK Fort Improvement

Post by Leerix »

Deus Atamada wrote: nor will anyone but the orcs benafit from it. I encourage rp.
anyone who enjoys fighting the orks benefit as well.

A. No fear of stat loss = more orc fighting
B. No stat loss = more orks rezzing to continue fighting
C. It's there home, who goes there except to look for urks?

Newbies who don't know about it when the first stumbled would

A. Learn quickly
B. Think it's pretty cool RP scene
C. Probably join the Urks

I'm all for it personally, love what the urks do here. Should give special situations just to encourage more of it.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

This feature or the Bloodrock Orc fort is now implemented on a trial basis. We'll be keeping an eye on it and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks much for the constructive feedback on this.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

ahh bloodrock orcs from greatlakes ahah

we used to have a cabin not far from the orcs on GL

used to trade with them quite alot ehhehe

good times, ahh the old days

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

IMO should only be for orc events as thats the time they're adding to the community overall, otherwise its on them if they want to kill innocents.

Orcs aren't really 100% rp anyways, when one dies logs in IRC and trashtalks publicly? Come on.

or another example, attack a blue orc, he runs into his house & locks doors, has another character kill & res him to count you...
That's roleplaying?

Redbeard72

Post by Redbeard72 »

so is there fort inside or the area PVP Zone ? cause i didnt vote but i think turn'm grey so i dont get a count killing them F'er's HAHAHAHHQAHA damn smelly Swines OEnk Oenk Peoggys .. Arhhyh AHhahahahaha !
Derrick wrote:

The second scenario is not extremely likely, but it is more likely now than it was previously.

Tor'Kak

Post by Tor'Kak »

Kylock wrote:IMO should only be for orc events as thats the time they're adding to the community overall, otherwise its on them if they want to kill innocents.
so when there is no orc event, yet orcs are awake and playing, they aren't adding to the community? That's similar to saying a rare hunter who gathers rares and sells them on his vendor, isn't adding to community unless he's at an event. Nice logic.
Kylock wrote:Orcs aren't really 100% rp anyways, when one dies logs in IRC and trashtalks publicly? Come on.
And yet more logic. When people mention Orcs are 100% RP at all times, it means in game. Out of game, as is eveident by you being able to understand what I am typing, and orc can do and say what they wish. Now.... don't get me wrong. I think it is rather foolish.... lame? for someone to die in a game, then log into a chat channel and talk smack. I mean... seriously, they died right? What can they talk smack about? They lost. Take it like a man, or woman if be the case, res, and move on. From day one playing UO back in '99, I died.... often. It's part of every game. Some people just don't get that and have to release their anger of being killed in a game with verbal jousting. Not every Orc does it.
Kylock wrote:or another example, attack a blue orc, he runs into his house & locks doors, has another character kill & res him to count you...
That's roleplaying?
No, it isn't. And in my opinion it's rather stupid of the orc who did it, or orcs if it happened more than once. one thing many people don't understand, the good orc guilds (not good as in saving the world, good as in competent) strictly enforce their rules on their memebers. If rules are broken, message the head of the clan, or the clan's leadership, and it should get resolved. Now.... words only go so far, adding screenshots of the incident help those words with a visual image the leadership can go to the offending orc and raise holy hell.
Tor'Kak - Broken Tusk Horde Orc, Kigg'r Bluudline

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

I voted yes on this poll when it was first posted, but I just wanted to comment, since so many people seem to think that the feature should only be turned on in events. I am in favor of this feature being turned on all of the time. All this does is enhance the ability of the Orcs to roleplay, and could be a major PVP enhancement for everyone.

BlacKnight

Post by BlacKnight »

revival...

curious... did this stick? if so... do people still war with URK... if so... can i Join? :-D seems like if this is still in effect, i would love a place to war with orcs no consequences other than fun.

Europa 1998-2002
BlacKnight (Knight of Justice, KoV)
Second hand in the Knights of Virtue

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

URK is gone.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Grumzugh

Post by Grumzugh »

The URK guild may be inactive, but there are still Orcs on the shard (Bloodclan). Bloodclan orc activity is growing, so if you're interested in role-playing an orc and having some good Spirited fun, drop me a message on PM and I can put you in touch with Aya for more information about the guild.

Aya

Post by Aya »

Yes, unfortunately URK has basically disbanded. They were a good group of RPers and also a good group of folks. However, as Grumzugh stated the Bloodclan has quietly been working up a small Orcish force. I am hoping to make a public recruiting thread very soon. Thanks.

BlacKnight

Post by BlacKnight »

good. as you can see, derrick has in the past made appropriations to orcs that have a town. So no reason to say it wouldn't happen again. If you guys stick to RP and show him you deserve it.

Europa 1998-2002
BlacKnight (Knight of Justice, KoV)
Second hand in the Knights of Virtue

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

I'd just like to say how ridiculously inappropriate it is for people from another guild to be speaking on behalf of the bloodrock clan in regards to their active status, especially declaring them "disbanded". If you are not a representative of the guild, you may not speak on their behalf.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Aya

Post by Aya »

chainsoar wrote:I'd just like to say how ridiculously inappropriate it is for people from another guild to be speaking on behalf of the bloodrock clan in regards to their active status, especially declaring them "disbanded". If you are not a representative of the guild, you may not speak on their behalf.

I understand what you are saying. However, after speaking at length with the leadership of Bloodrock Clan and the Chieftain himself wrote an exit story here: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=44426, I felt that was not a bad way to describe their situation. I realize I am not a representative of their Clan, but when someone two posts ahead of my own says simply that URK is gone, I figured I had more insight than most and shared a bit. The Bloodclan is friendly with Bloodrock and we have reached out to each other on different occasions to help the Orcish cause, heck we have even shared an IRC channel in some of our different endeavors.