Application for URK Fort Improvement

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Do you support the fort change proposal?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Yes, I support the standing request.
79%
No, I do not support the standing request.
21%

Total votes: 33

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Application for URK Fort Improvement

Post by Kraarug »

Improvement to the Orc Fort Mechanics:

On the table is a suggestion to convert the Bloodrock Orc fort to behave as it were a private house for the purpose of promoting events and other RP situations.

Warning signs would be posted near the area informing players of the vulnerability to attack.

Also, I’d like to propose some type of system message further informing all players of the dangers of the grounds.

Perhaps something like this in a colored font when first stepping on the grounds…

"Venturing in these areas may not be good for your health. You are vulnerable to ATTACK!"

The Bloodrock Clan has a long multi-shard, multi-game history and I hope that the reputation of those that came before me as well as our current players are considered when weighing out the benefits of the proposal.
Last edited by Kraarug on Sun May 17, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Application for URK Fort Improvement

Post by son »

Makes sense. The urks own that property, so why not? Any trespassers in my house get the axe!
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

this would be incredible boost to ability of orcs to play out their chars

WE DEAMND SHINEES OR WE EEEET UR HORSE
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Eulogy

Post by Eulogy »

Where would said proposed area be? Within the fort walls only? I'd hope so.
It still seems like its a bit too much.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Eulogy wrote:Where would said proposed area be? Within the fort walls only? I'd hope so.
It still seems like its a bit too much.
It's really no different that playing in house.

Presently, we all know what the fort is used for so there's not denial of use issue.

If someone comes to the fort they know that chances are the orcs will be there and there most likely will be some fighting if trybute isn't paid.

It's really not much different than a player going to some guilds tower, keep, or castle.

Please help me understand reasons for resistance.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

This is a bit of a stretch for myself as well, I find decorations in the area to be warning enough that I'm in a not-so-nice area.

I vote no on this improvement until I see a more legitimate call for this.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

turn on/off for events
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Clark_Kent wrote:This is a bit of a stretch for myself as well, I find decorations in the area to be warning enough that I'm in a not-so-nice area.

I vote no on this improvement until I see a more legitimate call for this.

More legitamate call? Here you go, I don't see how anyone can have resistance when prevented with such an awesome following comment!? Ready!?

The awesome event that you guys loved so much the other day, and got trophies for, some of you might of been pked, some of you might of got some nice loot, what the majority of Urks got

Was Statloss

10%

20%

and alot of counts to the point where one couldn't even res to get his trophy

All we really need, is for it to be on during events, that is it. What this provides for everyone else is, Urks willing to participate in more events.. more opposition during events.. more hosting of said events.. without worrying about going red.

The people who counted during an EVENT, need to just not goto events anymore, it's pretty lame, and if you don't expect to die when going up against 11 Urks and a bunch of Urk NPCS, then you need to play WoW =(.

What that means for the Urks who had gone red/stat loss, is that at the expense of trying to have a great event, for the sole purpose of fun, for the next few days.. they don't get to play there characters, at all.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Deus Atamada

Post by Deus Atamada »

Orcs have never been given this privilage. Orcs are supposed to be RED. Orcs do not need this, nor will anyone but the orcs benafit from it. I encourage rp. But i rp a murderer, so im asking that everyone in brittania is supposed to be gray in order for me to role play with out consiqueces.
This town needs a new class of criminals, and im going to give it to them.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Your logic isn't making your case my friend. We're not asking for this to be perma. on, we're just asking that this could be something enabled/disabled for the events, it'd be a really lame event if the orcs all took a bunch of counts, then all died.. then what would there be to kill? You'd have All the players who were supposed to be defending the fort & axe, out of comission, if you guys wanted to PvM I'm sure you guys would of been PvMing.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

As of now, I've voted no, but once the official request is changed for this to be temporary during events of sorts, I'll immediately change it to yes.

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Safir wrote:As of now, I've voted no, but once the official request is changed for this to be temporary during events of sorts, I'll immediately change it to yes.
Agreed.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Ne'rull

Post by Ne'rull »

Deus Atamada wrote:Orcs have never been given this privilage. Orcs are supposed to be RED. Orcs do not need this, nor will anyone but the orcs benafit from it. I encourage rp. But i rp a murderer, so im asking that everyone in brittania is supposed to be gray in order for me to role play with out consiqueces.

Oh, are Orcs SUPPOSE to be RED?! in what John Ronald Reuel Tolkien book does it say that we are SUPPOSE to be red? Anyway, you are referring to the Shadow-clan Orcs. Why do you think the Shadow-clan are not here? Because they were Red on Siege, where there was no stat loss for being red. Perhaps you should think a bit stronger before boldly stating Orcs are suppose to be red. We're from Great Lakes. We war everyone. If we go into stat loss we can't just go on Orcish killing sprees and continue doing so without a consequence. If you encouraged role-playing then you wouldn't tell us what we're SUPPOSE to be.

I think the application for the Urk fort improvement should make everybody gray even the orcs.

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Ne'rull wrote:I think the application for the Urk fort improvement should make everybody gray even the orcs.
This would also be a good option, still during event of course.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I think this sounds good, even without a shard-event. It's the orc fort, it's pretty well known that you have no business there unless you bring some gold or a horse for them to eat. The fort is their "home" and as such, I feel that it should be treated the same way as if I were to lure someone into my home. It does not effect anyone else, only those at the orc fort.