The Thirsty Clam Tavern [$$$]: Closed

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The Thirsty Clam Tavern [$$$]: Closed

Post by Daolin »

The Thirsty Clam

Hail and well met! I am Marfu, a proud member of a small group of merchants that seek to build a stronger community here on UOSA. I have a great crew of staff members from all sorts of guilds on the server joining me to create a lively tavern.

Location: The southern tip of Vesper right before the beaches. This is located just below the guard line.

Tavern Rules and Policies: The Thirsty Clam is a neutral establishment, and all hues are welcomed: red, grey, orange, or blue. No aggressive acts towards other patrons are condoned on the premises. However, keep in mind the ever present risk in Britannia and do not travel with anything that you cannot afford to lose.

Scheduled Events: Events are scheduled weekly and listed in the post below. The events and times are subject to change up until the day of the event.
  • Games and Carpentry Services: Stop by for a game of chess, checkers, dice, etc. Our local expert is also great with making carpentry items.
  • New Player Help and Fish Steak Sale: Smells like the best fish steaks in Britannia! Stop by to feed your stomach and your mind about UOSA and UO in general.
  • Storytelling: Might ye want t' hear a tale or two?
  • Smithing Services: Dents and nicks? Let our local smiths repair your equipment or forge new ones for you.
  • Item Identification Services: What is this doo-hicky anyway?
  • Open Bar: Come for some drinks, food, and conversation!
  • PvP Instruction: Join our class on combat to better prepare yourself against the perrils in Britannia.
  • Animal and Monster Lore Instruction: Join our class to learn more about the animals and monsters found in the wild.
Special Event!!
  • If you stay for the duration of an event, write your name in a book and leave it with the staff member. The book will be placed in a raffle. At the end of the week, we will draw 1 book from the raffle box and award a 20,000 gold prize to the winner. This means the more events you attend, the greater your chance of winning. Be sure to bring a book if you are attending an event!
  • First Week's Winner is Kandy!
  • Second Week's Winner is Sir Rellik!!
  • Third Week's Winner is Deserver!!
  • Fourth Week's Winner is Matticus Sounds!!

Visit the links below to find out more about the $$$ Guild!
Last edited by Daolin on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 19 times in total.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Thirsty Clam Tavern [$$$]: Now Hiring!

Post by Daolin »

Schedule: All events suspended

• Monday:
    • Item Identification and Repair Services: 2pm-3pm EST (Beorn)
    • Games and Carpentry Services: 7pm-8pm EST (Filius nullius)
    • New Player Help: 9pm-10pm EST (DukeJones)
  • Tuesday:
    • New Player Help: 9pm-10pm EST (DukeJones)
    • Smithing Services: 1am-5am EST (Chuck Norris)
  • Wednesday:
    • Storytelling: 8pm-9pm EST (Avo)
  • Thursday:
    • Rogue Instruction (biweekly: off): 3am-4am EST (Arkosh Kovasz)
  • Friday:
    • Rogue Instruction (biweekly: on): 4:30pm-5:30pm EST (Arkosh Kovasz)
  • Saturday:
    • Storytelling: 7pm-8pm EST (Laminelli)
    • PvP Instruction (biweekly: off): 8pm-9pm EST (Eulogy)
  • Sunday:
Last edited by Daolin on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 45 times in total.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Meet the Staff

Marfu (Daolin)Image
Tavern Owner

DukeJonesImage
New Player Helper and Fish Steak Vendor (On Leave)

Chuck Norris (dog1706)Image
Tavern Smith (On Leave)

Hanzel (Strahnglehanz)Image
Bartender (On Leave)

Excalibur BaneImage
Tavern Smith (On Leave)

EulogyImage
PvP Instructor

Filius nullius (Darkradiance)Image
Tavern Carpenter and Game Master

Brett Deadbones (Pristiq)Image
Pirate Storyteller (On Leave)

Beorn (Unlimited Bladeworks)Image
Item Identification Expert

Joshua Lee VIIImage
New Player Help (On Leave)

Arkosh KovaszImage
Rogue Instruction

ChaosImage
Alchemist / Poisoner

Laminelli (Arnie_West)Image
Storyteller

Talon Redhawk (Avo)Image
Bartender

Tavern Still Hiring!

At the Thirsty Clam, we are always seeking new talent to join our staff. There are spots open for permanent and temporary positions.

Process:
  1. This is not a guild, so there is no need to leave yours.
  2. Private message me here on the forum about a position you would like to fill. It is okay to have multiple people fill one type of position. You could also join in to work with someone as well.
  3. If you are accepted, I will officially add you and your event to the schedule.
  4. You will be required to run your activity 1 day each week at a scheduled time. Activities should typically last at least one hour.

Payment: Volunteers are always welcome! I will pay my employees 10k a week if they run their event. If you would rather I place it into a tavern fund, that is fine.
Last edited by Daolin on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur »

I think this is a fantastic idea to get the community together and just have some fun. Atlantic had a simliar establishment in Kazola's tavern and I think it'd be a great idea to have such a place on UOSA. I'd definately be interested in filling the blacksmith slot.

Keep up the good work! :D

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Can macros be intiated via response from pcs?

"Does system message also include player interaction?" is the question directly.

If so you and a few friends could make some awesome bot character bar staff with some funfilled macros.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

I prefer real live action :)

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

I have hired dog1706 and Excalibur Bane as blacksmiths for the tavern. I may have also found a RP bartender, but i'll keep that open. No times set yet. I'm looking for more people! Any sort of PvP instructor would be excellent!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Daolin wrote:I prefer real live action :)
You could mix it up with both...

Have alts who can do other tasks that you can automate, or take control of whenever you will.
They can perform some jobs...."lay your ingots here and I will make you a katana" or whatever...with maybe an "ouch I think I broke my thumb with the blade" if you fail...you know.

Good way to macro with some player interaction as well.

Of course you could put your regular patron alts up as well to tell a joke....roll a dice if sys message says a certain number have them tell a certain joke etc.

Macro Brewery would be a good name for it lol

Perhaps if not used at this public house perhaps another person or guild would like to give this a shot...

Any takers?

(It could even be possible to give random statements of other players by the roll of one players die if it is indeed prompted as a system message...if not perchance we could get Derrick to implement it as such)
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Daolin wrote:I prefer real live action :)
Of course you could put your regular patron alts up as well to tell a joke....roll a dice if sys message says a certain number have them tell a certain joke etc.
That would be pretty funny. Good ideas. I need to fill my staff right now though. Thats my number one goal! :D

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Recently hired: Salvador Dali as a Bartender and Eulogy as a PvP instructor.

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

wen latz panzeez plan tu be dere? Vish lub cydur!

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

I'm updating times as they are scheduled. I want to emphasize that we are NOT starting the schedule yet. I will post when things are ready and I can meet up with people.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

A couple new additions: Ragnarok as the Animal and Monster Lore Instructor and DukeJones to offer time for new players and sell fish steaks!

There are just a couple people i'm waiting for time schedules from.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

All staff members have been updated on the schedule. We will begin this next week starting on Monday. I will make another post to put all of of this together and give staff members and the public more info tomorrow.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: The Thirsty Clam Tavern [$$$]: Opening 08/24!!

Post by Daolin »

/bump for updates! Starting this Monday!