Toe-to-Toe with an Ancient Wyrm

This is the place for Screenshots and Razor Packet Video Uploads 15MB max on RPV's
Forum rules
Please if you haven't, make an account on myUOSA: http://my.uosecondage.com and Submit some pics!
You can also associate images with your character pages there.
Ne'rull

Re: Toe-to-Toe with an Ancient Wyrm

Post by Ne'rull »

Post it on youtube!

randale

Post by randale »

Yeah, I didn't think it was possible either, you took it just yourself with that equipment, I remember it used to take like 2 tamers each with 3 dragons each.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

An epic moment in UOSA History (indeed, in UO history).

Youtube video has been posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rGJgWmsQ70

If you haven't seen it, you should!

As an aside, this makes me wonder what the "pinnacle" of PvM in UO is; I'm quite certain that this ancient wyrm solo is the pinnacle of a 1v1 with monster (unless you were to include stablemasters as "monsters")...

Outside of 1v1, I suppose you could always just add another monster to the equation and say "an ancient wyrm + an orc--I have now surpassed the previous record". Regardless, I think a good challenge would be both Balrons (at the same time) in the Terathan Keep. If that's too easy, maybe throw in a couple of terathan avengers... heheh.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Awesome to see this on YT, thanks! My laptop couldn't handle making a video recording of the RPV.

Two balrons is doable, especially because you could use parrying for most of the confrontation. Two terathan avengers would be harder because of their poisoning... that was the biggest difficulty here. I had 100 Parrying, but didn't use a shield because you need to drink an orange potion at a moment's notice. Disarming a shield, drinking an orange, and re-arming the shield is 3 full seconds. If 1 bandage is used to cure poison instead of heal you, you're dead, because that's essentially 30 seconds in which your only method of healing is yellow potions.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I dispute the claim that 2 Theratan Avengers would be tougher than 2 Ophidian Avengers or Knight Errants, and still tougher than those: 2 PE's.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I don't think anyone claimed that :-) I think any of the above would be harder than 2 balrons, and I think we agree on that.

I thought KE's were the same as Terathan Avengers in all but looks? Maybe I'm wrong. In 1999-2000, each of them absolutely destroyed me with equal prejudice.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You're thinking about Ophidian Avengers and KE's, which are basically the same. Theratan Avengers, are a whole nother issue, and are devoured by Ophidian Avengers or KE's in no time.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Yeah, I thought the spider avengers were equal as well.

I'm going to look into this... I didn't provoke them much on UOSA, and of course never tried to sit amongst them and fight them, but I could have sworn that Stratics for example listed them as equivalent. And another UO emulator I fooled around with (UOX3) had them as basically equivalent as well.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

No, Thera avengers use magic and do lvl 4 poison, Ophid Avengers and KE's don't do magic but do dealy poison...and hit much, MUCH harder that Theratans.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I think they both do Lvl 5 ("X spasms uncontrollably")--isn't Deadly poison Lvl 4? ("X is wracked with extreme pain").

I do think that Ophidians knight / avenger have more hit points than terathan avengers though.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Dunno what lvl is which, I just know Thera's do 1 lvl lower, and CAN be poisoned by Ophids...Ophids can't be poisoned by Theratans ("The poisons has no effect" thing).

ariok

Post by ariok »

This is truly 1337. Kudos!
<FishTaco> Blizz forums are the absolute worst place to find help
<chainsoar> yeah because they're full of people who think WoW is a good game

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

tera avengers would go down faster but would have a way better chance of killing you off the bat with a few flamestrikes. i think ophid ke/avengers wouldnt really be a threat if you had full invuln plate and a keg of oranges on you, since they don't cast anything.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

nightshark wrote:tera avengers would go down faster but would have a way better chance of killing you off the bat with a few flamestrikes. i think ophid ke/avengers wouldnt really be a threat if you had full invuln plate and a keg of oranges on you, since they don't cast anything.
Have you ever been hit by one? They'll mess you up before you can get a bandage and 2 yellows in...and since you won't be able to parry...good luck! You'd have to run out to get a GHeal in, but that would not be going toe-to-toe.

s20dan

Post by s20dan »

I feel like I have just been educated. Thankyou :)
Absolutely amazing.