Toe-to-Toe with an Ancient Wyrm

This is the place for Screenshots and Razor Packet Video Uploads 15MB max on RPV's
Forum rules
Please if you haven't, make an account on myUOSA: http://my.uosecondage.com and Submit some pics!
You can also associate images with your character pages there.
Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Toe-to-Toe with an Ancient Wyrm

Post by Panthor the Hated »

proof that macing pwns

Jason

Post by Jason »

good fight, also nice to see i am not the only one who gets dire ancient wyrm loot

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

dire loot?

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

I wonder whether this is still possible, now that Weapon Damage is T2A accurate?

Reference: Patch 140b excerpt
Derrick wrote: Patch 140b:
  • The bonus to weapon damage based on the wear of the item has been adjusted. The formula previously used was the pre-T2A formula, and found to be inconsistent with the T2A era, and other adjustments to weapon damage that were made in early T2A, prior to our timeframe.
Reference: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26483
Sandro wrote:
Melryn Moonstone wrote:So overall all fully repaired/brand new melee weps do 20% less damage than before the patch?
Yes
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Zelek Uther wrote:I wonder whether this is still possible, now that Weapon Damage is T2A accurate?
Actually, when this was done we didn't have the 125% damage bonus for fully repaired weapons. That was in place for maybe 6 months tops.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Ah! Thanks nightshark, I didn't know that!

So Mikel123 doesn't have to come out of retirement and slay the Ancient Wyrm again... I was kindof hoping he would!

Mikel, your "King of PvM" title is secure.
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Zelek Uther wrote:Mikel, your "King of PvM" title is secure.
Unless someone is up to the challange to beat his time.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

nightshark is correct - this was before that boost.

Actually, I did retire after this video. Then I came back (we always do) and did it again for fun. I tried to record it in .avi format for some Youtube leetness, but it causes some tremendous client lag and was unplayable. And the resulting video is so choppy it's not worth it either.

My time is probably beatable; I don't think I paid too much attention to red potions and stamina. Working in my favor though, I did have the bug in which you could cast Protection and stack a jewelry of protection on top of it (check out that AR!). Working against me though was the reflect jewelry behavior. At the time, equipping a reflect jewelry would actually cast Magic Reflect on you, and you'd have to take it off and re-equip it to put another casting on yourself. So you could reflect more than one spell in a 5-second span, but it also took precious actions, which with bandages and potions and whatnot are in precious short supply. Currently you can throw on a reflect item and probably reflect every spell without using a single action.

I spent a lot of time testing weapons and their damage formulas, and I can say I'm pretty sure the war axe is the best macing weapon for this. But you'd definitely get a quicker kill with a war fork. Even a broadsword, probably. I just tackled it with the war axe for defensive stamina-lowering purposes.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Mikel123 wrote: I just tackled it with the war axe for defensive stamina-lowering purposes.
This is most likely why you were able to survive. While war fork would do a considerable amount of extra damage, the wyrm would be at full stamina the entire fight and I don't think a fencer would be able to go toe-to-toe with this beast.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The truly amazing part is hes done this like 5 times and tg hasn't ganked him once. They're always checking the AW room.

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

Panthor the Hated wrote:The truly amazing part is hes done this like 5 times and tg hasn't ganked him once. They're always checking the AW room.
Which makes me wonder...something seems a little fishy about that! heh
-cr3w-

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

hahaha, I'm going to do it with a swordsman, I'm the best. Watch this space.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

*starts watching*

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Panthor the Hated wrote:The truly amazing part is hes done this like 5 times and tg hasn't ganked him once. They're always checking the AW room.
Fun fact: TG doesn't call it the Ancient Wyrm room, they call it the mikel123 room.