My life is now perfect. iUO, UO on my iPhone

This is the place for Screenshots and Razor Packet Video Uploads 15MB max on RPV's
Forum rules
Please if you haven't, make an account on myUOSA: http://my.uosecondage.com and Submit some pics!
You can also associate images with your character pages there.
gustopalis
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

My life is now perfect. iUO, UO on my iPhone

Post by gustopalis »

Using VNCserver/viewer free edition from RealVNC.com

paired with iTeleport VNC app. on the iPhone 3G.

Speed is moderate, definitely not fast enough for pvp.... possssibly pvm.

You can input ANY control (all keyboard including alt,tab,control,enter, and right click and scrolling) and interface is smooth and intuitive.

Color is diminished when client is fullscreen on computer, but not bad.

Of course this is not intended for "illegal" macro use, but definitely nice for checking up on and fixing other approved macro
scripts while at work/class etc.
Attachments
photo (4).jpg
photo (4).jpg (88.34 KiB) Viewed 11864 times
photo (5).jpg
photo (5).jpg (161.34 KiB) Viewed 11606 times

Lazarus

Re: My life is now perfect. iUO, UO on my iPhone

Post by Lazarus »

Holy smokes....... This might be considered taking the UO addiction to a whole nother level. LOL! Good work. I'm getting an iphone later this month, might try this out.

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

I've done something similar for my iPod touch. I have a linux server in the closet, without a monitor. I installed the "vncserver" package, which does not need a running x-server. It runs one for it's self.

I use this command to start it in the iPod's native res:
vncserver -depth 16 -geometry 480x320 :1
connect with your iPhone/iPod vnc client to <ip address>:1 or to port 5901 - however it wants it.

I am using the xfce desktop environment, with the dpi set low (to make fonts smaller).

I copied my wine folders from my desktop computer (also linux), and told razor to force game size to: 472x293 to allow for window borders.

Now you can't see the login area of the login screen, so I made sure my password was saved in my razor config before I copied it over. Just hit enter there.

UO doesn't seem to care that it's set to a small res. my character is centered, and vnc is fast with the low resolution.

Where I left this was debating which vnc client to get for my iPod. The one with the higest ratings costs $30 at the app store!!! omg. And the free ones I tried either didn't support right click or arrow keys (so I couldn't move anywhere), or they timed out after 1 minute.

I don't recall if I tried iTeleport VNC, so I'm gonna check it out tonight.

Like gustopalis said, it'd be great for managing a macro. And maybe just chatting.

Obligatory screen shots:
Attachments
UO Window
UO Window
UO VNC 1.png (190.22 KiB) Viewed 11833 times
Razor screen
Razor screen
UO VNC 2.png (66.01 KiB) Viewed 11833 times
Last edited by Hans on Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

uofuntime

Post by uofuntime »

that is so cute/cool!!! imagine going out and then just playing uo on ur iphone

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

uofuntime wrote:that is so cute/cool!!! imagine going out and then just playing uo on ur iphone
I might try to have this set up before vacation. It would be nice if I could work on some mundane task like tinkering, smithing or lumberjacking.

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

I just checked, and the iTeleport/Jaadu is the one that was $30. I see it's been reduced to $24.99 - still a steep price for an app, I think. But it gets tons of good reviews. Is it worth the price in your opinion, gustopalis?

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

So can someone break down exactly what is happening to allow the iphone to run UO? I understand you have to have iTeleport on the iphone, where do you download VNCserver/viewer? Onto your PC? So you start UO on your computer and it will display on your iphone? Then you can control UO through the phone?

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

Lazarus wrote:So can someone break down exactly what is happening to allow the iphone to run UO? I understand you have to have iTeleport on the iphone, where do you download VNCserver/viewer? Onto your PC? So you start UO on your computer and it will display on your iphone? Then you can control UO through the phone?
Yes, it's just remote controlling a desktop. The iPhone is not actually running UO.

There are tons of VNC servers for all sorts of OSes. Google: vnc server

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Hans wrote:
Lazarus wrote:So can someone break down exactly what is happening to allow the iphone to run UO? I understand you have to have iTeleport on the iphone, where do you download VNCserver/viewer? Onto your PC? So you start UO on your computer and it will display on your iphone? Then you can control UO through the phone?
Yes, it's just remote controlling a desktop. The iPhone is not actually running UO.

There are tons of VNC servers for all sorts of OSes. Google: vnc server
Ah.... ok ok. Is there step by step instructions for doing this?

Man this is uber sweet. I wish I could see this in action.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Fucking Badass

Downs

Post by Downs »

A new excuse for losing at pvp is born!!!!

"Whatever dude! I had you redlined twice! Only reason you beat me is b/c I was playing on my Iphone and my wife called!"

Thats pretty cool tho!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

This could be extremely useful for keeping your houses refreshed while you're away on holiday.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Ok, this is SUPER cool!!!

Now, can someone provide a step by step for us the tech-challenged on how to do this, please.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Wise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Wise »

This is epic, I might have to get an iphone for this reason alone! haha, I wonder if we ask Batlin nice enough he would script us a iUO application :P
Wise - [Guildmaster, $$$]- Owner of the $$$ Rune Tower & Trusted Merchant

SYNDICATE OF SUCCESSFUL SALESMEN
[$$$]Vendors - [$$$]Runes - [$$$]Events

gustopalis
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by gustopalis »

Hans wrote:I just checked, and the iTeleport/Jaadu is the one that was $30. I see it's been reduced to $24.99 - still a steep price for an app, I think. But it gets tons of good reviews. Is it worth the price in your opinion, gustopalis?
It most definitely is Hans, I tried the free trials of the other vnc apps and they were horribly slow and unintuitive. This one works flawlessly for PC, Mac, and Linux. Well worth the price.
And thanks for sharing your own setup, I will have to try those settings when I get home to see if it runs faster.

For those of you asking step-by-step how this works:
I simply downloaded the free version of VNC as originally stated, and then all I did was make a password for the server (asks you to establish that when you open the program) and then I downloaded the app and all you have to do in the app is enter your IP address and that password you just made, then hit connect. That easy.

Functions are listed at the apps website, but basically....

drag with finger = move cursor
single finger tap = single click
single finger Double-tap = double click
two finger tap = right click
two finger slide up/down = scrolling
pinch/spread = zoom in/out

you then have a menu for the keyboard and other keys like alt/shift/control/tab/esc etc... have fun!