buying pheonix armour

Buying: Looking for something? You can buy it here.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

buying pheonix armour

Post by BlackFoot »

buying pheonix pieces 100k per piece
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: buying pheonix armour

Post by BlackFoot »

still buying phenoix, all pieces except gloves

Featheon

Post by Featheon »

Ahem...

You've spelled "Phoenix" wrong, and you've offered a ridiculously cheep price: The tickets themselves are worth more than 1gp, which is the rate you've offered for the prize, not to mention the time and effort needed to acquire them. One would make more money simply by selling the items their farming to an NPC than they would from selling the prize to you.

I.e., an item that sells for 32gp to a vendor yields 24 tickets. I would have made 133k by selling them at the premium rate, so what would be my incentive to sell a rare to you?
<ChoppaX> i shit my pants again last night
The #1 AFK on T2A
kill drizitz wrote:feathon seems to be the winner.

nutbagthecat
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nutbagthecat »

Featheon wrote:Ahem...

You've spelled "Phoenix" wrong, and you've offered a ridiculously cheep price: The tickets themselves are worth more than 1gp, which is the rate you've offered for the prize, not to mention the time and effort needed to acquire them. One would make more money simply by selling the items their farming to an NPC than they would from selling the prize to you.

I.e., an item that sells for 32gp to a vendor yields 24 tickets. I would have made 133k by selling them at the premium rate, so what would be my incentive to sell a rare to you?
*ahem* You've spelled 'cheap' wrong, is the price making bird-like sounds? Blackfoot has been trying to buy at this price for quite a while before the ticket system made it's appearance.

Oh, and while we're on spelling and grammar, 'their' refers to ownership. The word you're looking for here:
One would make more money simply by selling the items their farming to an NPC than they would from selling the prize to you.
is 'they're.' Thats actually a contraction of two words, they and are.

*Edited for additional humor.
Last edited by nutbagthecat on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

weedsmoke
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by weedsmoke »

lol

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

theres 3 ways to aquire pheonix armour
and i pay 100k per piece still buying all but gloves/helm

Featheon

Post by Featheon »

nutbagthecat wrote:*ahem* You've spelled 'cheap' wrong, is the price making bird-like sounds? Blackfoot has been trying to buy at this price for quite a while before the ticket system made it's appearance.
Apart from all misspellings, which I must cede to you, I'd be interested to see how successful his 100k price will be; without knowing the two other methods to obtain the armor, I cannot say if the price of the armor is actually diluted to 100k. What I can say with absolute certainty is that he relegates himself from acquiring phoenix armor obtained by way of the ticket system, so I must infer that the other two methods he ascribes to its acquisition are less arduous.

You must forgive my haste in thinking that the armor was only obtainable by way of the ticket system.

*Not edited for humor.
The #1 AFK on T2A

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i been around long enough to know what its worth
a two week system put in place will not change the price of it
considering not one person seems to be willing to turn in tickets for pheonix gear

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

BlackFoot wrote:i been around long enough to know what its worth
a two week system put in place will not change the price of it
considering not one person seems to be willing to turn in tickets for pheonix gear
It's worth what people say its worth. I have nothing against you or not dissing you of course but i wouldn't take your opinion on a price check (not that you care) for pheonix armor. I have to admit, he has a point. Most people are selling tickets for 4.5 gp per trophies 3-4k per point ? I'd say trophies are harder and more expensive to obtain and with the population growing daily, so does the prices. 1 year ago when the server first started, yea i can see it going for 100k a pop but now when a bigger population and alot more gold in the economy but i dunno, who am i.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

your still trying to bring tickets and trophys into this equation
it sliek sayin bone armour should be 100k per piece went it drops off efreets all day long because that show much the trophys cost

not interested in buying trophys/tickets
just pheonix armour

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

BlackFoot wrote:your still trying to bring tickets and trophys into this equation
it sliek sayin bone armour should be 100k per piece went it drops off efreets all day long because that show much the trophys cost

not interested in buying trophys/tickets
just pheonix armour
Well pheonix armor doesn't drop off anything except tickets and trophies. Daemon bone armor does drop off effreets and reg off skeletons and such. Sort of a bad example. Im just saying.

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Coffee »

Phoenix armor is a random drop just like daemon bone -- and (I believe) with the same drop rate. The only difference between the two is that the phoenix has only 1 spawn location, and has a longer respawn time.

The price range for phoenix pieces has been 50-100k since I've been around. Maybe higher, but I kind of doubt that. No one used trophy points to acquire pieces, and I doubt many will really bother getting pieces via the ticket system.

http://web.archive.org/web/199910120711 ... oenix.html

Featheon

Post by Featheon »

With this new information considered, I would as well conclude that the ticket system's instance of phoenix armor lacks incentive. If I understand correctly that the structuring of this clean-up contest was a close representation of that which occurred on OSI, then perhaps a further restructuring of the prizes would have been advisable in order to better suit market values.
The #1 AFK on T2A

alatar

Post by alatar »

You guys are forgetting:

1: The phoenix spawn (the monster) should not even be dropping armor, not era accurate.

2: The phoenix armor given through the clean-up act is BLESSED. Worth quite a bit more than 100k

3: I will sell the entire suit to you (Blackfoot) for 850k.

:wink:
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

Coffee wrote:Phoenix armor is a random drop just like daemon bone -- and (I believe) with the same drop rate. The only difference between the two is that the phoenix has only 1 spawn location, and has a longer respawn time.

The price range for phoenix pieces has been 50-100k since I've been around. Maybe higher, but I kind of doubt that. No one used trophy points to acquire pieces, and I doubt many will really bother getting pieces via the ticket system.

http://web.archive.org/web/199910120711 ... oenix.html
i apologize for being incorrect. Thanks for clearin that up for me.