IRC/Forum Scammer Reports

Selling: Your One-Stop-Shop for all your sales.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Layt

Re: IRC/Forum Scammer Reports

Post by Layt »

Murugan wrote:either way, you can not post someone is a scammer because your "too lazy" to move things into secure areas. Now, if he claimed to make these tables, or buy them (forgot what his part was) and never followed through with the deal, and was just trying to get inside houses, that's one thing. But if during a transaction, you slip up and think the player will be "honest" well that's your fault. No point in slandering their name across the boards for playing the game, because you screwed up.
Are you kidding me? This is the disgusting attitude that plagues society. I don't give a fuck if you're live or online, there's a general rule of thumb any decent human being should follow. I was doing this kid a favor, and I didn't even get a thanks. Instead he grabs a bag of shit that had almost no value to me, but the act was just a general slap in the face. I will take full responsibility for assuming that the general population isn't scum sucking shit bags, but when someone proves me wrong, I intend to make every effort to spoil their name. And imo, by defending such crap makes me think you're leaning in the shit bag direction.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but i'm going to go ahead and say that i tend to not take chances on people. I help out when i can but i won't put my stuff or anyone elses crap at stake because of higher expectations from people. UO attracts the dregs of society with it's open game play.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Murugan

Post by Murugan »

Layt wrote:
Are you kidding me? This is the disgusting attitude that plagues society. I don't give a fuck if you're live or online, there's a general rule of thumb any decent human being should follow. I was doing this kid a favor, and I didn't even get a thanks. Instead he grabs a bag of shit that had almost no value to me, but the act was just a general slap in the face. I will take full responsibility for assuming that the general population isn't scum sucking shit bags, but when someone proves me wrong, I intend to make every effort to spoil their name. And imo, by defending such crap makes me think you're leaning in the shit bag direction.
I was simply stating the facts bud. No one other then RL friends can be "trusted" Not that does not mean that everyone would rip you off. I personally have done deals where gold, ingots, logs etc, has dropped on the floor and I have picked it up only for protection, giving the items back when they could better handle them. Me and Roadkill used to do many large transactions, where we were dropping piles of gold, and resources on the floor for each other while never being worried either one was there to rip us off.

Im just saying that this is a "trash talk" post not a scam report. You were not SCAMMED, you just fell victim to a player who got some loot off you. I mean if everything posted each time they got kill in the dungeon and lost all that loot, or was leaping ore to a forge, or had a bag too close to the reachable grab of unwanted visitors, then there would be a lot of posts my friend.

Point to all this, if the bag was not worth anything (as you make reference to many times) then let it go. I have this same theory in RL, if someone steals from me, then they need it more then I do. Good luck, Keep shit locked down, and out of reach!
Pookey - Your Local Grim Reaper,
Hemperor wrote:it pains me to say that murugan is right

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I would advise against buying from "the mighty conan"/Conan/Superb Pwnage.

Three times, he tried to trade me a backpack, without opening it, for my 11,500 gp. Each time I asked him to open it, he claimed he was "lagging real bad" and that somehow prevented him from opening it.

Each time, I told him to skip the bag and just put the items in the window.

Then, he said "Just give me 7k, and then the rest, for the items" in a last-ditch attempt to scam me. I declined.

He finally, on the fourth attempt, actually put the items we agreed upon in the window, and traded with me.

I have saved an RPV of this entire deal, from the third time I asked him, through the lame 7k scam attempt, to the end. (mods, if you'd like this, let me know).

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Mikel123 wrote:I would advise against buying from "the mighty conan"/Conan/Superb Pwnage.

Three times, he tried to trade me a backpack, without opening it, for my 11,500 gp. Each time I asked him to open it, he claimed he was "lagging real bad" and that somehow prevented him from opening it.

Each time, I told him to skip the bag and just put the items in the window.

Then, he said "Just give me 7k, and then the rest, for the items" in a last-ditch attempt to scam me. I declined.

He finally, on the fourth attempt, actually put the items we agreed upon in the window, and traded with me.

I have saved an RPV of this entire deal, from the third time I asked him, through the lame 7k scam attempt, to the end. (mods, if you'd like this, let me know).
If that is the case, you should have "let" him scam you (on RPV), and subsequently proving himself guilty, thus perhaps guaranteeing a ban.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Thought about it, but to be honest the whole "no scamming via IRC/forums" is practically unenforced, unfortunately. If I were to come up with one staff complaint, that would be it. So I'd really just be throwing away 7k.

But any reasonable person can look at the video and see he's trying to scam.

The mighty Conan

Post by The mighty Conan »

I'm just here to assure everyone that i have never ripped anyone off and i am being flagged as a scammer by mike 123 out of spite even though he got the weapons he asked for and i got the gold. there was no scamming. he is simply trying to destroy my sales like he did with teph when teph was trying to sell a few items. teph also never ripped anyone off.this is mistreatment of legit buisness men. i advise everyone against doing business with mike 123 before he tries flagging someone else on a false accusation. i also commented about this false accusation on my trade thread too.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 82#p132082

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I'm not falsely accusing anything. I stated the facts of what happened. Neither of us dispute them.

My contention is that trying, 3 times, to give me a mystery backpack without opening it, despite my repeated request for just putting the items in a window, plus then asking for me to flat-out give him 7k (?!?!) and then trade 4.5k for his swords, is probably the sign of a scam attempt. So I reported it as such.

Putting something in a bag is possibly the oldest trade window scam in the books. And an explanation of a 6 to 7 second lag is just absurd. He was moving just fine. And even if it DID take 6 or 7 seconds for his double-click to open the backpack, I'd still have seen it open, 6 or 7 seconds after he double-clicked it! Which I did not.

Look... if this is an isolated incident, fine. Maybe he is mad at me for making fun of him in Trash Talk or something, and he tried to get back at me. If this never happens to anyone ever again, then yeah - maybe it was a misunderstanding (or maybe he got scared straight!). But people seem to be insinuating that I'm somehow in the wrong for simply stating some sketchy things that happened. Which is ridiculous.

Dymarian

Post by Dymarian »

I'd like to throw in a scammer. lol... Been seein him in MoonGlow, by bank. "MAKU" selling 'full' spellbooks. Sometimes he says 2000 gold, sometimes 4000 gold. Either way I bought 2 off him, thinkin legit, and I'm new, so to me even 4k is a lot. Anyway, they were both empty books. So be warned.

Drull

Post by Drull »

Dymarian wrote:I'd like to throw in a scammer. lol... Been seein him in MoonGlow, by bank. "MAKU" selling 'full' spellbooks. Sometimes he says 2000 gold, sometimes 4000 gold. Either way I bought 2 off him, thinkin legit, and I'm new, so to me even 4k is a lot. Anyway, they were both empty books. So be warned.
Same here. "Kilshar" sold me one for 2500 gp. He said he needed 5k to buy a house. Empty spellbook.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

Scammer Shop !

Empty Spellbook for 3500gp...

check picture
Attachments
Sans titre.jpg
Sans titre.jpg (152.07 KiB) Viewed 6327 times
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I was warned about this vendor myself .. was told they were selling reg posions kegs as deadly poison.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

All Trade Forum users please do not make seperate accounts and outbid people in your own auctions. I cant speak for everyone but I doubt people would think this is an honest way to deal with each other.

Thanks
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Kilner in Moonglow sells blank spellbooks. For some reason he recalls right after.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

BlackFoot wrote:All Trade Forum users please do not make seperate accounts and outbid people in your own auctions. I cant speak for everyone but I doubt people would think this is an honest way to deal with each other.

Thanks
Guessing you caught someone doing this and warned them privately and this is kind of like a warning to everyone else?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Return to “Archive Selling”