IRC/Forum Scammer Reports

Selling: Your One-Stop-Shop for all your sales.

Moderator: Trade Moderators

Zane

Re: IRC/Forum Scammer Reports

Post by Zane »

BlackFoot wrote:While true, this post is still mainly about warning people and protecting them. Listing players who scam in game alone is still to the benefit of the trading players of UOSA.
I'll just say this and then leave it alone so we don't derail this thread and fill it with unrelated discussions.

Scamming in game is not against the policy. (I'm not a scammer. I think you can't get much lower then to scam someone for something in a game, something of no real value.) This thread has its place because it is about breaking game rules. If it's going to deteriorate into in game scamming reports, two things will happen. First, a lot of people who have been called scammers will get their name put on here which will detract from their legitimate IRC/Forum trades; second, this thread will quite probably deteriorate into a he said/she said flame fest with people claiming to be scammed to lash out at others they don't like.

I think the best policy would be to leave this thread to IRC/Forum scammers, and let people take up in game issues in another thread, possibly in another section of the forum.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

fair enough
but in game scammers should be getting called out somwhere
you all can decide where
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Anyone preying on another player by scamming needs called out publicly. I can't imagine an innocent person complaining about scammers being named.

I tend to private message the accused scammer and see what it's about before i go batshiaz crazy on them and go on my crusade to blacklist them. The people that do it alot are very well known and people know to watch themselves with these folks.

I guess what i am saying is that there is a point to being blacklisted and that's to stop ALL unsecure trades from going through these people.....and we shouldn't care if calling them out ruins their legitimate business. How can you tell when they aren't scamming anyway?
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Where has the trusted UOSA/IRC sellers thread gone? It got lost in the change over last week I think. That was handy to have around, can it be taken out of archives and reposted please?
?

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Caswallon wrote:Where has the trusted UOSA/IRC sellers thread gone? It got lost in the change over last week I think. That was handy to have around, can it be taken out of archives and reposted please?
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11795

here is the old list a month or so back. Don't think anyone ever stickied it.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

i cant sticky a thread from that forum
if you copy it or start a new one i can sticky it
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

Thats not the thread im refering to, the one im talking about, and I have searched for it, was titled "Trusted T2A/IRC sellers". I can find an archived post in it from Pro but not the original thread, I think it got left behind when the old trading post was split into what we have now.

Probably would be a good idea to sticky/update the brokers thread in trading post as welll thou.
?

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

I started that thread a while back. People were contributing to it. It would be easier to just have one mega thread: Trusted Sellers, Brokers, Those you should avoid.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12974

Found it.

Someone needs to combine the 2 threads as nick said so BF can sticky it.
?

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

There is no real need for it, if anything it's just a way for people to pat each other on the back. You should know how to do secure trades anyways so you never get scammed period. If you don't secure a trade then you run the risk of getting scammed and that is on you. Any deals should go through vendors or secure trade, and if they are to big of a deal for example a house anything a vendor simply cannot handle or you cannot trade house deeds for... then that is when a trusted broker comes in.

Trusted brokers that I know - Blackfoot, Guardian Knight, Wise.

I am not going to say that this thread is the sole reason not many IRC/Forum scams have been going on, but that was the basis on which it was created.

If you really want to go through the trouble of keeping up with a trusted sellers thread go ahead, but to be honest it's a waste of time and just a way for people to compliment each other. If you are smart about a deal even the smartest most cunning scammer can never rip you off. And if you make it for the sole reason of being able to do deals without a broker then that is just lazy.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

I just suggested the two threads be combined into one for a stickied thread at the top of the trading forums.

It's not only a way for people to pat each other on the back. It helps distinguish between good and bad sellers. There was no reason for you to have a negative attitude about it.

Caswallon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Caswallon »

I look at it as a quick reference guide, if your dealing with someone you have not traded with before you can ask for their forum name, do a search, if you see the person mentioned several times its a pretty good bet they are honest, fair traders.

It does not require any updating.
?

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

nickhimself wrote:I just suggested the two threads be combined into one for a stickied thread at the top of the trading forums.

It's not only a way for people to pat each other on the back. It helps distinguish between good and bad sellers. There was no reason for you to have a negative attitude about it.
I know that but I am just saying that if you are smart about it even the worst seller couldn't scam you or not do the deal that would then deem them a good seller. But I like how Caswallon puts it as a quick reference guide that makes more sense to be honest.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Sorry josh but a good amount of deals here are too risky without a 3rd party and for someone to suggest that they can still do those hard trades without anyone's help....just seems wrong.

I get why you don't like patting people on the back , but in reality, trust here is a very limited commodity and trustworthiness deserves a pat on the back.

PS: Folks, you are asking for someone to put the list of trustworthy brokers out there for people. I won't do it because i am on the list and to do so would defeat the purpose. Someone not on the list needs to talk to blackfoot about setting up whatever list you want.

dexter4321

Post by dexter4321 »

GuardianKnight wrote:Sorry josh but a good amount of deals here are too risky without a 3rd party and for someone to suggest that they can still do those hard trades without anyone's help....just seems wrong.
GK I don't think you read what I was saying.... I previously said that any deals that are not secure in any way require a 3rd party. I never suggested whatever you are saying.
GuardianKnight wrote: I get why you don't like patting people on the back , but in reality, trust here is a very limited commodity and trustworthiness deserves a pat on the back.
Stop assuming you know anything about me. All I was saying is that the thread is really nothing more than a pat on the back for people. I don't know if anyone is understanding what I am saying here. All deals are secure, if not secure then a broker steps in, it is as simple as that. If a deal goes sour or is not secure then it is no ones fault but your own.

The fact if someone is a good or bad seller does not give you a better or less chance of being scammed. You are in control of wither you get scammed or not, with that being said the trusted sellers thread is nothing more than people complimenting each other.

Just in case I need to break it down even more for everyone, you have a choice to never be scammed. I have never once been scammed here on UOSA on any deal whatsoever, wither in game or forums/irc. And I have done many deals with known scammers as well, makes no difference it's up to you to secure your own deals no one is going to do it for you.

And when I said "secure your own deals" in the previous sentence I was including brokers as well for anyone who still doesn't understand what I am saying.
Last edited by dexter4321 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.