Technical help (not bug related)

Caelon

Technical help (not bug related)

Post by Caelon »

Hello,

I was a recovered UO addict until my friend discovered this shard. However, in that time of recovering, I also become a Mac convert.

Yes, I am trying to get UO to work in OS X.

I know I can dual-boot or use Parallels (or similar program) to install Windows and get it to work, but that is out of the question since I don't own a legal copy of Windows.

I've been using a program called Crossover (basically WINE) with varying levels of success. I'll get to my problem:

I can't successfully install UO Gold (uogold.exe). However, I am able to install Mondain's Legacy. Does anyone have any suggestions? I either want to get UO Gold installed or find a way to connect to UO Second Age using Mondain's Legacy.

Any help is appreciated, and I hope to see you guys in game!

Thanks!
Caelon

Keathus

Re: Technical help (not bug related)

Post by Keathus »

Hello Caelon,

I'm have no advice to give you on the tech side since i Rarely ever even used a mac in my life.

But if i understand you correctly Modian's Legacy installs? if so i would just use that. I'm Currently using that Version of UO myself.
Lord Keathus
Second Age Staff
Forum Administrator

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Yeah, ML won't work without Razor though, which I have no experaince with getting to run on a Mac. Some people have been able to run Razor and UO under an emulator under Linux. I think your best bet would be to look for a windows emulator that supports .Net 1.1 franework (for Razor)

Good luck, hope you find a way to get in.

Thor

Post by Thor »

I'd trade the Mac for a cabbage and get a PC again.

I don't mind Macs when used for thier purpose. I just don't make videos.

Razors website doesn't seem to even mention the idea of using Mac.