Different kind of log-on problem

Edie Brickell

Different kind of log-on problem

Post by Edie Brickell »

I've got everything installed fine and the codes to get into 2nd Age with Razor, my problem comes after the log-in screen when I get to the character creation portion of the game. Once I reach this area where I pick my class type then pick skills and set my stats, everything becomes very laggy...so much so that I cna't actually set my attributes. The pull-down menus and the sliding knobs for stats all freeze up and Ican't get any farther. Any ideas? I've encountered the same problem logging onto other servers as well...

Derrick

Re: Different kind of log-on problem

Post by Derrick »

I've never heard of this problem before. It's something Client or PC related for sure, since you're not actually connected to the shard when you're on that screen.

Some guesses:
Video card (Update to latest driver?)
Memory
Hard drive space
Defrag c: drive
Reinstall client

Keep me posted.

Keathus

Post by Keathus »

Edie Brickell wrote:I've got everything installed fine and the codes to get into 2nd Age with Razor, my problem comes after the log-in screen when I get to the character creation portion of the game. Once I reach this area where I pick my class type then pick skills and set my stats, everything becomes very laggy...so much so that I cna't actually set my attributes. The pull-down menus and the sliding knobs for stats all freeze up and Ican't get any farther. Any ideas? I've encountered the same problem logging onto other servers as well...

If it isn't much trouble could you post your Computer Spec's for me.
Lord Keathus
Second Age Staff
Forum Administrator

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
AMD Sempron 3000+ 2.00 GHz
704 MB RAM

What else ya need?

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

This is really weird. I have never heard of this either. Do you have problems lagging when you run other games?

I would first try to do a full virus and spyware scan. If that comes out fine, uninstall UO and reinstall.

Keathus

Post by Keathus »

Edie Brickell wrote:Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
AMD Sempron 3000+ 2.00 GHz
704 MB RAM

What else ya need?

Im sure even if your Video card is intergrated, its decent enough to play uo, but for the hell of it give my your video card specs.

To get this just Right click "My Computer" click properties. I believe in the hardware tab its device manager. then click display adapters, and tell me whats enabled there. :D Ty
Lord Keathus
Second Age Staff
Forum Administrator

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

VIA/S3G UniChrome IGP

Like I said, I played on this same computer two years ago give or take and the driver supported it.

I THOUGHT I had it licked, I found out I still had some of the original files in the registry and I did a regedit (Thanks Derrick) and reinstalled, still no dice.

I've ran Nortons, Spybot Search and Destroy, Addaware, and Spyware Terminator so my system is squeaky clean.

Redownloaded AND Reinstalled/Patched the UO PLatform just like 10 minutes ago.

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Try running it without razor and see how it does.
You could also try downloading UO from a different site. Maybe you are downloading a corrupted UO game.

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

How do I run it without Razor without patching and still go to the private servers?

I've actually downloaded more then one version of the game because the one I'm pulling down does have a monster file that is missing something, but it's not a monster file in any of thegames we're playing. It says:

CRC error: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\Models\Monsters\Paroxymus_Pillage.grn doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor

This is the file transfer from the Project X page. The one listed here on this site never fully downloads before it stops. One thing I've noticed is that from this site, the file that downloads, even when it stops before it's complete, shows up on my desktop with the Ultima Ahnk icon while the Project X one, when complete, is just a blue and white monitor looking icon. I;ve downloaded the version directly from OSI, even did the 7th ASnniversery release but it's pre-patached to 6. something.

Can I also take a brief moment to thank you all for your help an input. I know it's just a matter of time before you hear blissful bohemian bard music on the shard...

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

There's a program call UORice. Just put it in your UO directory and run the program. It creates an unencrypted client file called No_Crypt_2D.exe. Manually edit your login.cfg and then run the unencrypted exe.

Keathus

Post by Keathus »

Edie Brickell wrote:How do I run it without Razor without patching and still go to the private servers?

I've actually downloaded more then one version of the game because the one I'm pulling down does have a monster file that is missing something, but it's not a monster file in any of thegames we're playing. It says:

CRC error: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\Models\Monsters\Paroxymus_Pillage.grn doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor

This is the file transfer from the Project X page. The one listed here on this site never fully downloads before it stops. One thing I've noticed is that from this site, the file that downloads, even when it stops before it's complete, shows up on my desktop with the Ultima Ahnk icon while the Project X one, when complete, is just a blue and white monitor looking icon. I;ve downloaded the version directly from OSI, even did the 7th ASnniversery release but it's pre-patached to 6. something.

Can I also take a brief moment to thank you all for your help an input. I know it's just a matter of time before you hear blissful bohemian bard music on the shard...
You can edit the Login.text file in uo directory (Make a backup or the original)

Change it to be

;Loginservers for Ultima Online
;Do not edit this file or patching will fail! Always save a backup.
LoginServer=uosecondage.com,2593
Lord Keathus
Second Age Staff
Forum Administrator

Sauron

Post by Sauron »

Try setting your color quality to 16bit in your display options.

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

Sauron wrote:Try setting your color quality to 16bit in your display options.
Tried that....still no dice...still hanging up in the character creation phase of the game.

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

Downloading the CD you guys posted now...we'll see if a differnt platform source makes any difference. I've tried several others but this isworth a try I suppose...

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Edie Brickell wrote:Downloading the CD you guys posted now...we'll see if a differnt platform source makes any difference. I've tried several others but this isworth a try I suppose...
Excelent. be sure to follow the instructions in the InstallandPath.txt file

And it would be a good idea to completely wipe and other clients you have on the PC so preclude any change of them conflicting. Check "C:\Program Files\Ultima Online" and "C:\Program Files\EA Games"

Again, good luck!