Different kind of log-on problem

Edie Brickell

Re: Different kind of log-on problem

Post by Edie Brickell »

Well...reinstalled the clinet...no dice...still having the same problem at log in. Starting to think more and more it's s system problem. ;) Can't imagine what it would be though...

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

Added 25% more RAM to my computer, still no dice. I've actually made it into the game by picking the blacksmith character which bypasses stats and skillls, and also takign default for looks and colors. I'm in the game but incredibly lagged...took me a minute to walk from the Inn to Brit bank...

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

OK, so now when I try to log in with that same character when I pick the character the screen minimizes, I can see in my toolbar tht I'm logged into the game with that character, but I can't actually get the game screen to come bak up no matter what I do...

CTRL=ALT-DELETE shows the program as running...

Maahes

Post by Maahes »

Edie Brickell wrote:OK, so now when I try to log in with that same character when I pick the character the screen minimizes, I can see in my toolbar tht I'm logged into the game with that character, but I can't actually get the game screen to come bak up no matter what I do...

CTRL=ALT-DELETE shows the program as running...
It does that to me sometimes too. Right click on the minimized Uo in the toolbar and click on maximize.

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

Thanks, I actually figured that out but Im still lagging badly and can't really do anything in the actual character creation menu. Even Derrick is throwing up his hands. Nobody on the Razor forum has offered any advice and the guys on Metro are stumped to. Looks like my UO days are numbered before they even began...

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Try unchecking sound, music, and footsteps.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

ironfistmax wrote:Try unchecking sound, music, and footsteps.
ahh nice, maybe a sound card issue :)

Edie Brickell

Post by Edie Brickell »

Where exactly are those unchecked at? I don't see them listed in the Razor menu's anywhere. I see the list of the animal sounds but nothing I've seen says anythign about the music or footsteps.

qtip

Post by qtip »

You turn sound off through UO's options panel, found by clicking options in your paperdoll. It should be the top most left tab and it looks like a little horn. Uncheck everything.

Keathus

Post by Keathus »

If its a sound card problem, you might only have to update your driver.

To find out witch sound card you have go to Control Panel -> Device manager Expand the sound, video and game controllers and search for the lastest drivers for the sound card you have installed.

If this doesn't work try running uo without razor, Last think i can think off is to run UO in safe mode with network enabled.

if any of these don't work im stumped.
Lord Keathus
Second Age Staff
Forum Administrator