Razor/UO Freezing, Windows 7

sk8shorty01

Razor/UO Freezing, Windows 7

Post by sk8shorty01 »

While I am in game (windows 7) and I switch away from UO to activating any other program/tile/etc. about 3/4 of the time the game freezes and I have to close it via "Task Manager". This happens even switching from UO and clicking on Razor, or Ventrilo as well as things such as a web browser (IE or Firefox), Task Manager, Control Panel, or any exploring through file folders.

I am sure this is a Windows 7 and UO compatibility issue and I was just curious if anyone else had a fix at this point that they found. I tried to search through the forums but didn't seem to find anything that seemed relevant to my particular problem.

Thanks all in advance!

yossarian
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Razor/UO Freezing, Windows 7

Post by yossarian »

Are you playing full screen or in window mode?
Are you playing with the UO music on?
Make sure both razor and your UO client are set to run as administrator.
Try compatibility mode with different settings. My computer (win 7) automatically picked razor to run in compatibility mode for vista sp2.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

I set razor.exe, uo.exe, and client.exe to run in xp compatibility mode and to run as administrator (this is on win 7 x64)

The only time I run into crashes is sometimes when multi-clienting and I lose connection. Even then I still get one that will keep running.
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

sk8shorty01

Post by sk8shorty01 »

I play in Window mode, music is off but sounds are on, I am running both as an admin, I guess its just the compatibility mode that I need to play with.

Seems that every time I click away from the Client it goes into a "hazed" screen and I get the not responding revolving circle as my mouse while panning over the client window.

Thanks for the help, I will try it all out and see what I can figure out.

Azaazel

Post by Azaazel »

sk8shorty01 wrote:I play in Window mode, music is off but sounds are on, I am running both as an admin, I guess its just the compatibility mode that I need to play with.

Seems that every time I click away from the Client it goes into a "hazed" screen and I get the not responding revolving circle as my mouse while panning over the client window.

Thanks for the help, I will try it all out and see what I can figure out.
Having the same issue. On a beast computer at home and my work computer is 10 years old and runs 3 clients at once better. I'll have to try the compatability thing.

Thanks,

Myg

Post by Myg »

Try and disable the desktop composition in the compatiblity settings and see if that helps.

sk8shorty01

Post by sk8shorty01 »

That did help, as well as running in admin mode. These should be valid fixes for those that are having the same issues.

To run UO and Razor in admin mode right click on the program icon and click properties, under there you should find the option to check "Run as Administrator". This needs to be checked in both the client and Razor in order for it to work well.

ApolloX
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ApolloX »

OH THANK GOD FOR THIS THREAD!!!!! I finally bought myself a new computer and Win 7 is just way to picky! Thanks for the help guys this seems to have fixed the issue.

punk

Post by punk »

bump -- very useful thread especially as more people migrate to win7. Just fixed my issues from the advice in this thread.
Erik [Hu]

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

disable visual themes if you are using a aero theme and want your counters to work. run as admin always all 3 exe. disable desktop comp. and xp service pack 3 comp mode works for me.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall