Crashing

Gund

Crashing

Post by Gund »

I have UO installed, and patched up to 5.0.9 (ish) and have been able to start playing. However, I have had a lot of problems with the client crashing. I am running Vista. The client will just stop working and close without much warning. Any suggestions?

Derrick

Re: Crashing

Post by Derrick »

Gund wrote:I have UO installed, and patched up to 5.0.9 (ish) and have been able to start playing. However, I have had a lot of problems with the client crashing. I am running Vista. The client will just stop working and close without much warning. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure myself what causes this. It seems to happen more often to some than to others. Mine crashes a couple times a day maybe. All my experience with the UO client right back to the beginning has included this "feature"

Gund

Post by Gund »

Okay thanks, let me know if you find out more.

On a separate note, how do I get UOAM going?

Lofa

Post by Lofa »

I crash alot on Vista. My other cpu had xp and never crashed. My new cpu has vista and crashes. It seems to happen alot to myself when im in a trade as well.
"Sero Sed Serio"

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

im not on vista im on xp and i have this happen 2 or 3 times an hour, client just disappears 9/10 rihgt after i recall and start running to fast. have to recall, waita couple steamboat then start running, otherwise uo dissappears with no warning or error message so i keep a couple clients open with pass typed in to relog fast lol
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Strange, I've never had the client just disapear, I always get an windows error when it happens. Good method on the prepped clients.