corrupt razor profile file

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

corrupt razor profile file

Post by Fox »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This did not happen directly after an update. I closed out of UO last night when I was rdy to shut down my laptop, then when I loaded it up today, it gave the message. If anybody has an idea on how to repair or fix the corrupt file issue, that would be awesome.

I can certainly create a new profile to use, and copy the razor macros, but how would I copy the hot key settings?

Thanks!
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: corrupt razor profile file

Post by Chaos »

If you use the same macros etc on another char .. go into razor folder copy the folder of the char with same macros .. then paste it to desk top and change the name to the your char name "fox" it seems .. then load razor .. that will then pick up the macros for fox folder

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

A lot of your profile may still be intact, the last bytes that were written to disk were probably interrupted by a crash or killed process or something, which means the xml is no longer well-formed. If you could post your profile's .xml file here (copy and paste from notepad), preferably in a code block, or on pastebin or something, I could fix it to be well-formed and salvage whatever is salvageable.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Stuck wrote:A lot of your profile may still be intact, the last bytes that were written to disk were probably interrupted by a crash or killed process or something, which means the xml is no longer well-formed. If you could post your profile's .xml file here (copy and paste from notepad), preferably in a code block, or on pastebin or something, I could fix it to be well-formed and salvage whatever is salvageable.
I tried the same with him. Unfortunately, he only had like 10-15 lines of it still intact. :(

liqui

Post by liqui »

I have a similar problem to this. I got the same error message that this thread is about. I am running into a problem of not being able to create a profile for the character that I had the problem on.

I have gone into the Razor folder and deleted the character profile that was corrupted. But every time I log back in on that character, the profile that was corrupted keeps reappearing in my Profile list in the General Tab of Razor. This even happens when the profile does not even exist in my list in the Profiles folder in my Razor folder. I even search for it on my computer and I cannot find the file. Also I try deleting the profile in Razor by loading it then hitting the Delete button in the Razor General Tab.

This is only happening for one character. I even created a new profile for the character, loaded it properly, shut down and restarted Razor correctly, and still that new profile does not show up in my Profile folder in the Razor folder.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thank you.

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

liqui wrote:I have a similar problem to this. I got the same error message that this thread is about. I am running into a problem of not being able to create a profile for the character that I had the problem on.

I have gone into the Razor folder and deleted the character profile that was corrupted. But every time I log back in on that character, the profile that was corrupted keeps reappearing in my Profile list in the General Tab of Razor. This even happens when the profile does not even exist in my list in the Profiles folder in my Razor folder. I even search for it on my computer and I cannot find the file. Also I try deleting the profile in Razor by loading it then hitting the Delete button in the Razor General Tab.

This is only happening for one character. I even created a new profile for the character, loaded it properly, shut down and restarted Razor correctly, and still that new profile does not show up in my Profile folder in the Razor folder.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thank you.
Just a guess. Are you looking in the old location of razor profiles? They were recently moved to a very convoluted directory structure in your user's directory.

liqui

Post by liqui »

I tried looking for where that file is located in the User's directory but cannot seem to find the Appdata folder.

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

liqui wrote:I tried looking for where that file is located in the User's directory but cannot seem to find the Appdata folder.
As far as I know, although I'm not sure since I still use an older razor version, the places your profiles could be:

old path (something like this):
C:\Program Files\Razor\Profiles

win xp:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME_HERE\Application Data\Razor\Profiles

win7:
C:\Users\USERNAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Razor\Profiles

liqui

Post by liqui »

Ok I have found the file. Now I was able to delete it and sort of get thing back to working order. Now I created a profile for this character but it only appears in that strange folder not in the regular main Razor folder. I should add that when I created a new profile for this character it automatically put the profile in that strange folder instead of the Profile folder of the main Razor folder. Is this ok?

I do have Win7 as well. I tried cutting and pasting the new profile that was created in the strange folder and put it in the main Razor folder but the profile did not show up when I logged onto my character.

So I put it back into to the strange folder and then I logged into my character and it seems to work ok. I just don't like the fact it is saving it in that weird folder.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

liqui wrote:So I put it back into to the strange folder and then I logged into my character and it seems to work ok. I just don't like the fact it is saving it in that weird folder.
They aren't saved to the install path of Razor at all anymore. The ones that are there are versions dating from the time you updated Razor and it copied them all over. Same goes for macros.

liqui

Post by liqui »

Oh ok thank you for the info.