Is Client 7.0.18.0 compatible with UOSA?

germanicus

Is Client 7.0.18.0 compatible with UOSA?

Post by germanicus »

Hi,

connecting and running/fighting around with Client 7.0.18.0 with a fully patched UO (patch 56) seems to work, and runs much smoother than the Client (5.xxx) within the package on the UOSA website (no graphic bugs while moving with forced gamewindow size 1600*1000px, reduced lag while moving, etc.). Are there any compatibility issues like changed *.mul files when using this client and the patched uo files on UOSA ?

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Is Client 7.0.18.0 compatible with UOSA?

Post by Roser »

Yes, and it is actually a lot smoother for massive screen resolutions, however there is a few problems...

You will notice the map has been cleaned up and looks pretty, but this causes rubber band issues along certain dungeon walls or the edges of mountains, or pathways in between mountains.

Also I have found so far only one massive static structure (NPC pirate spawn on the road east of Britain) that is totally invisible.

Other then those issues, it runs well.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

There are some map terrain issues that will cause you to get stuck, however I've heard that you can move your map0.* files from the 5.0.8.3 client to later clients. If it works use it :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Good idea!

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I copy and pasted all five map files from the UOSA directory and plopped them in the new client directory. It works like a charm.