someone help!

streetape

someone help!

Post by streetape »

haven't played in like 6 years can't get anything to work at all, got razor, got t2a got the microsoft net thing.
can't get anything to work!

Twiz

Re: someone help!

Post by Twiz »

Maybe some more information would help.
Can't get anything installed, installed but not running, running but not connecting?

streetape

Post by streetape »

ive created a character, just doesn't actually start the game just get a grey background

Twiz

Post by Twiz »

I don't think I will be much help since I've never experienced that but I can help gather more intel for others.
What are you currently patched to? This shard is based off of 5.0.8.3 (I think) but you should be able to play anywhere in the 5.x.x.x.
Have you tried connecting to another shard to see if you get the same problem?
Blue or Red Jell-O?

streetape

Post by streetape »

i've got the latest patch, i don't know any other shards! lol

Twiz

Post by Twiz »

Derrick wrote:
Kia wrote:when i create my char and try to enter world it just stays on the grey screen and says entering britannia? any advice? i can hear the music and everything its like im in the game but all i have is the grey screen
This has been reported before. The solution for this appears to be patching up. Run UOAutoPatch in your Ultima Online folder and patch until 5.0.8.3 or so. Then you're ready to stop patching (Better not to go all the way up) Click the Cancel button during download. If you don't have to patch all the way to 5.0.8.3 you should be able to play with not much patching.

Please let us know how it works out.
Not sure if you can 'undo' patching. You made to reinstall and then be cautious of what you're patching to.

Maybe some one else will have more info on this.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Twiz wrote:
Derrick wrote:
Kia wrote:when i create my char and try to enter world it just stays on the grey screen and says entering britannia? any advice? i can hear the music and everything its like im in the game but all i have is the grey screen
This has been reported before. The solution for this appears to be patching up. Run UOAutoPatch in your Ultima Online folder and patch until 5.0.8.3 or so. Then you're ready to stop patching (Better not to go all the way up) Click the Cancel button during download. If you don't have to patch all the way to 5.0.8.3 you should be able to play with not much patching.

Please let us know how it works out.
Not sure if you can 'undo' patching. You made to reinstall and then be cautious of what you're patching to.

Maybe some one else will have more info on this.
You will be able to connect with the latest client version, although 5.0.8.3 is recommended.
What's your current client version? It's in the lower left corner on the login screen