Connection Lost while Macroing solved

Jinn

Connection Lost while Macroing solved

Post by Jinn »

I've read a few threads about getting a "Connection Lost" only while macroing, you could play fine but after an hour or so of macroing you'd come back to a lost connection.

There is an option on most new network cards especially in laptops to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" once I disabled that I haven't had a problems since.

For XP is don't have vista or windows 7 available at the moment right click on "My Computer" -> "Properties" Select the "Hardware" tab and click on the "Device Manager" button. Once the "Device Manager" windows comes up click the plus next to "Network adapters" there will be a few choices check them all and make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked. Mine happened to be on the "Power Management" tab but that can varies with different devices.

Hope this will help someone who's getting frustrated with it... I know I was.

GleepGlop

Re: Connection Lost while Macroing solved

Post by GleepGlop »

Hmm I'll give it a shot. About 90% of the time when I macro provo at the glow zoo while I sleep, I will wake up to a connection lost screen (and usually dead), the other 10% of the time I will have a connection lost but I will see the server down message still on my screen

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Not sure if you're aware of the server reset time, but it will go down every morning at 4am Pacific time, so you're guaranteed one connection loss.

As for being dead too, there's a lot of griefers that will show up during the night and kill whoever they can, or tame the animals that you provo on so you get guard whacked, or just kill all the animals off so the macros no longer work for the rest of the night.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Thats 7am est .. I should know .. its when I go to work.. :( .. hehe

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Abe227

Post by Abe227 »

i did this....and i still loose con...

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Abe plz make a new post .. this one will not be viewed much seeing it was reposted as solved.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

floatingeye

Post by floatingeye »

This worked for me. Thanks a bunch.