All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Connection Lost while Macroing solved
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:36 am 
Offline
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:22 am
Posts: 3
I've read a few threads about getting a "Connection Lost" only while macroing, you could play fine but after an hour or so of macroing you'd come back to a lost connection.

There is an option on most new network cards especially in laptops to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" once I disabled that I haven't had a problems since.

For XP is don't have vista or windows 7 available at the moment right click on "My Computer" -> "Properties" Select the "Hardware" tab and click on the "Device Manager" button. Once the "Device Manager" windows comes up click the plus next to "Network adapters" there will be a few choices check them all and make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is not checked. Mine happened to be on the "Power Management" tab but that can varies with different devices.

Hope this will help someone who's getting frustrated with it... I know I was.


Top
 
These Support SecondAge
Links open a new window.
UOSA Donors & Subscribers do not receive these ads.

 Post subject: Re: Connection Lost while Macroing solved
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:20 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:01 am
Posts: 217
Hmm I'll give it a shot. About 90% of the time when I macro provo at the glow zoo while I sleep, I will wake up to a connection lost screen (and usually dead), the other 10% of the time I will have a connection lost but I will see the server down message still on my screen


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Connection Lost while Macroing solved
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:32 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:38 am
Posts: 127
Not sure if you're aware of the server reset time, but it will go down every morning at 4am Pacific time, so you're guaranteed one connection loss.

As for being dead too, there's a lot of griefers that will show up during the night and kill whoever they can, or tame the animals that you provo on so you get guard whacked, or just kill all the animals off so the macros no longer work for the rest of the night.


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Connection Lost while Macroing solved
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:36 pm 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Fair
Post Rep: 1
 Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:24 pm
Posts: 1456
Thats 7am est .. I should know .. its when I go to work.. :( .. hehe

_________________
Image

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Connection Lost while Macroing solved
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:53 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:13 pm
Posts: 86
i did this....and i still loose con...


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Connection Lost while Macroing solved
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:20 pm 
Offline
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
User avatar
User Rep: Fair
 Profile

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:24 pm
Posts: 1456
Abe plz make a new post .. this one will not be viewed much seeing it was reposted as solved.

_________________
Image

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy


Top
 

 Post subject: Re: Connection Lost while Macroing solved
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:48 pm 
Offline
User Rep: Unsung
 Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:28 pm
Posts: 3
This worked for me. Thanks a bunch.


Top
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Support Second Age: These links Open in a New Window

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group  
Extended by Karma MOD © 2007—2012 m157y