"Process Key" when trying to set hotkeys

Akells

"Process Key" when trying to set hotkeys

Post by Akells »

I'm trying to set a hotkey, and when I enter the key it recognizes it as F3 or whatever key I enter, but then when I click set it changes to "Process Key"... and that key doesn't work for the hotkey. Has anyone else had this problem?

For what its worth, I'm playing on a laptop. I haven't played UOSA in a while, but I could swear I was able to make hotkeys on this computer before. Additionally, Razor is being run in admin mode, so I am out of ideas. Any help?

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: "Process Key" when trying to set hotkeys

Post by wgensel »

Do you have multiple languages installed on your computer? If so switch it to En before setting your hotkeys.

Akells

Post by Akells »

You are my hero!!!

고마워!!!!

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

네, 어디 살아?

Akells

Post by Akells »

서울 에서 살아요. 저 는 영어 선생님예요. 한국말을 할 수 있어요?

어다에서 살아요?

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

ㅋㅋ 저는 구미에서 살아요. 구미는 대구 근처예요. 한국말 조금만 해요.

Akells

Post by Akells »

Yeah I can only speak a little bit too.. great to see someone else playing from the ROK! How do you deal with the ping? I've limited myself to safer activities since the ping is so high... although it would be faster to get on my feet if I sacked up and used my bard or fought liches.

Teaching English too, I suppose?

I've heard of Gumi... sounds like its 'country', as the locals would say :P Hagwon teacher or are you working for a public school?

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

Actually, I don't think the lag is that bad really. Sometimes it gets pretty bad so I have to do something different, but if I play like before 9 at night it's usually pretty good. Weekends a bit earlier are nice too. And I even use wifi. Sure it would be better in the US, but there's not much to do about it...

You mention to get on your feet, but it says you joined (at least the forums) in 2008, or have you not played in a while?

I die a few times to lag from PK's when barding and stuff, but we always play in off hours so I'm always making more than I lose at least. Plus recently I've been working on my lockpicker which is much lower risk and still pretty good money flow. That, looting houses, and getting lucky have been working for me.

I am a public school teacher. You? Gumi is country compared to Seoul, but I'm from Northeast PA in the states, and it is definitely a city to me. I think the population is bigger than Pittsburgh or something, but they are rural culturally out here.

Akells

Post by Akells »

I've been in the ROK for a year and a half, when I left I had amassed a ton of stuff on UOSA, but didn't have internet connection for a while and my 'friend' forgot to refresh my house. Oh well, doesn't matter too much. I swore off UO for a while when I first got here, but now I find myself wanting to play again. Its more a matter of getting back on my feet than anything else... my characters are perfectly capable of doing it, I'm just using the lag as an excuse to be lazy.

...and yeah, the lag isn't awful, its just marginally frustrating as compared to the 50something ping I used to get. I teach at a Hagwon and work from 2pm-10pm, but typically get up at 8am so I'm playing at prime time US time. You say "we" -- are there other folks over there in Gumi playing UOSA?

How long have you been here? and yeah, even small(er) Korean cities are large compared to my homework (western Washington).

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by wgensel »

I meant we thinking you played the same times I did. Actually, I'm trying to get some of my friends in to it, but they have been too busy so far. They also never played UO before so it's a lot to digest even just showing it to them. I've been here since August '09.