Hello-having problems starting

Kesler

Hello-having problems starting

Post by Kesler »

I'm brand new just joined today. I read through most of what's here but I don't see my problem listed.

I'm able to login to the server and create my char, but after I can't do anything. It just freezes, but doesn't disconnect. I can still click on objects to be identified, but that's it. Anyone have any suggestions? Haven't played UO in forever and I'm at a loss of what to do. Not a computer expert either. I'm not getting any error messages at all.

Do I need to go somewhere to download specific patches for this server or something? Please help, would like to get back into UO again :)

EDIT-I do get one message when I start through Razor. It says, "The selected profile could not be loaded, using default instead." But I can still load UO, get on the server, make a character. I just can't do anything or go anywhere.

If it matters, I loaded off the original UO and t2A discs. Then ran the autopatch all the way through. Do I need to download anything else? Any help greatly appreciated.

Arkon
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Hello-having problems starting

Post by Arkon »

I'm not 100% sure but if I was you I would un-install your current version of UO since you installed from old discs and patched up fully and instead install from the UOSA client found here.
"If you want an image of the future, imagine a bag of milk being poured on a human face--forever."

Populus

Re: Hello-having problems starting

Post by Populus »

Try reinstalling using the UOSA client.

If that doesn't work, are you on Vista or Win 7? Try turning off transparancy on your color scheme.
ImageImageImage
[cA]