Please help?

Shaco

Please help?

Post by Shaco »

I just spontaneously lost connection, and I still can't connect. I can't connect to the IRC or the Vent server either...

Atraxi

Re: Please help?

Post by Atraxi »

Don't spam the forums with duplicate posts or people won't take you seriously. Just leave it at the other post and be patient. Most people probably don't stare at the forums constantly refreshing to see whats up. Give people time to see your first post. If it gets knocked off the "latest post" screen, bump it instead of duping the post. Try to keep the bumping to a minimum, tho. Just enough to get noticed. Not enough to get obnoxious. :)

You also might want to be more specific on your problem...

What error message are you getting?

What are you doing to try to connect?

Try to give us some details. "I can't connect" doesn't really help us solve the problem. There's too many things that could be going wrong to just come up with a solution like that.

Just some tips. Take it or leave it. :P
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Shaco

Post by Shaco »

Atraxi wrote:Don't spam the forums with duplicate posts or people won't take you seriously. Just leave it at the other post and be patient. Most people probably don't stare at the forums constantly refreshing to see whats up. Give people time to see your first post. If it gets knocked off the "latest post" screen, bump it instead of duping the post. Try to keep the bumping to a minimum, tho. Just enough to get noticed. Not enough to get obnoxious. :)

You also might want to be more specific on your problem...

What error message are you getting?

What are you doing to try to connect?

Try to give us some details. "I can't connect" doesn't really help us solve the problem. There's too many things that could be going wrong to just come up with a solution like that.

Just some tips. Take it or leave it. :P
i'm not getting any errors.
it just says 'connecting', then freezes for about 20 says and says couldnt' connect to ultima online.
the irc loads the first two lines and says something about flash policy.
the vent server never connects.

this is a completely new development.
and since it's on all 3 fronts, the irc, hte vent, and the client, it seemed unusual.

i realized nobody would read the post in server status so i posted it here.

you can't delete topics, that's a fault of the forum not me.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

= your connection has issues.

the server, irc, and vent are not all connected by the same server.. they are all completely separate.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Indeed. This could be the result of a firewall being imposed at your location, or DNS errors. forums.uosecondage.com is of course server by the same DNS server at the shard, uosecondage.com though.

I recommend a computer restart first, and maybe a router restart.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."