client freezing when using razor windows 7

BradPitt

client freezing when using razor windows 7

Post by BradPitt »

i have set both client and razor to run as admin and have played around with the compatibility. I can log in and take about three steps before locking up. health bar never fully loads. backpack never loads.

any ideas?

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: client freezing when using razor windows 7

Post by fox_phyre »

What client are you using? I noticed you mention that you still play EA UO, so if you are trying to use the client from the pay to play version you need to install version 5.0.8.3. If this does not alleviate the problem, I know people frequently get Windows 7 issues answered in irc as many people have issues with it (it all sounds like gobbledy-gook to me, so I can't get technical but client change often helps) Also a possible fix is to uninstall client and razor and reinstalling (reminds me of blowing on SNES cartridges lol)
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

BradPitt

Post by BradPitt »

i would assume its going to the secondage client because of the fact that i'm able to log in and see my toon before it freezes. Although both clients are on my desktop as icons. Razor is setup to autodetect.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

BradPitt wrote:i would assume its going to the secondage client because of the fact that i'm able to log in and see my toon before it freezes. Although both clients are on my desktop as icons. Razor is setup to autodetect.
When using the wrong client you are still able to enter the game world. When you start razor, what does it say at the bottom of the window that comes up for client version (below where you put in your username and password)
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Solaric

Post by Solaric »

This worked for me.

This game was created before Windows Vista was released. Unfortunately Electronic Arts cannot guarantee compatibility with Windows Vista for all games.

If you are having problems running a game and you think it is related to compatibility with Windows Vista, you can try to get the game to work by running it in Compatibility Mode.

Right-click the game's desktop shortcut icon and choose 'Properties'.
In the Properties Panel, click the 'Compatibility' tab.
Place a check in the 'Compatibility Mode' checkbox.
Select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) in the mode box.
Click 'Apply' to save your changes.

If you did not opt to have a desktop icon installed:

Find the game icon listed in your Games directory.
Right-click on the game and click on 'Customize'. This will bring up the Customize menu.
Select 'Play'.
Select ' Edit'.
This will bring up the Properties screen. Click the 'Compatibility' tab.
Check 'Run in Compatibility Mode' and then choose Windows XP (or whatever operating system the game was designed for).
Press 'Apply' then press 'OK'. You will be back at the customize menu.
Close the customize screen.
Now the game is configured to run in Compatibility Mode.

Please note that this will only make the game run in Compatibility Mode if you click on the shortcut that you set Compatibility Mode for. All other shortcut icons (such as in your Start menu) will have to have these changes made as well.

If the game continues to fail, you may need to edit the run features of the game to override User Account Control features in Windows Vista.

Note: You will be altering Operating System security and Parental Controls when performing the steps below. Please be aware that if you follow these steps, you will need to contact Microsoft for further support.