UI/Macro problem with Windows 7!

Jester

UI/Macro problem with Windows 7!

Post by Jester »

Hello all!

When I logged on today something wierd happened. I logged on two of my chars to practice some Healing, on one char my UI was back to complete default but on the other one it was as I had it when I last logged off.

On both chars when I click my "Skills" scroll, I can't see any of the skills anymore, all my In-Game macros are gone and Some of my Razor macros are gone.

Now I haven't changed anything at all but this still happened, does anyone know why? And is there someway to recover my lost macros and UI setup? I've checked through my UO catalog but I can't find anything in there.

Do I have to re-install to get it all to work again?

Thanks for any tips!

marmalade

Re: UI/Macro problem with Windows 7!

Post by marmalade »

the razor problems probably have something to do with a razor update they put in a month or two ago. there was actually a thread on the razor runuo forum but, annoyingly, the runuo forums have had a massive rehaul and i cant seem to find the razor forums anymore.

i dont have windows 7/vista myself, but i seem to remember reading something in the thread about compatability files? some sort of folder option? that was what solved the problem for most people. also make sure you're running as administrator.

as for the UI/ingame desktop problems, you can copy the desktop.uos file from inside your game directory>desktop folder>account name folder>character folder from the character where everything was looking fine to all your other characters that have lost all your dragged out spell icons etc. will save you dragging everything out for every character.

i think i knew someone who had a similar problem with the skills. i think it was fixed by finding the skillgrp.mul file in the same location as the desktop.uos file and deleting it. it is remade automatically when you next login with that character. you could just save the desktop.uos and macros2d.txt files from a character that has been unaffected, and then just delete the entire contents of the desktop folder in your game directory. nothing in there affects the client at all, its just saved info for your characters and is automatically remade when you login. if you backup your ingame macros (macros2d.txt) and your ingame desktop (desktop.uos) you can copy them into the character folders after you've cleaned out the desktop directory.

EDIT: here is a link to the razor thread: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/ ... lp.103447/

see if any of the solutions in there can help you.