Sound Not Working

corr]

Sound Not Working

Post by corr] »

I'm using XP service pack 3. I had UO previously installed with no problems. I uninstalled uosa (installed with the uosa pre-pack on this website) to try out some terrible shard with a custom map. This other shard used the actual EA UO. Now that I've uninstalled that, and reinstalled the UOSA pre-pack, my sound does not work.

Sound is turned on in options.

Could it be a driver or direct x problem? As I said, it worked before, it just doesn't work after uninstalling and reinstalling, which leads me to believe its not one of those. However, I don't know what it could be.

Populus

Re: Sound Not Working

Post by Populus »

When fiddeling with the sound in UO options it actually uses the Windows Wave option. So open your volume control and raise the Wave bar.

It does this for me everytime I start the UO client. I have to login, go to options and raise the volume sliders to max (255) even with the sound turned off in UO. :lol:
ImageImageImage
[cA]

corr]

Post by corr] »

I got it working based on SexySmithy's advice in irc. I just erased anything with UO in it from the computer and reinstalled from a blank slate. Thanks for your help though.

Populus

Post by Populus »

So much for trying to help. :cry:
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Tagarr

Post by Tagarr »

I'm running Windows 7 and have had this issue on my last 2 computers.
(both windows7, one of them 64 bit, one of them 32 bit)

UO sound randomly stops working and then never works again.
I have to uninstall/reinstall to get the sound working again.

I've tried all of the run as admin/compatibility stuff possible.
Anyway i want essence of tag to come to atlantic too, that boy smoked me in legend few months ago, i like his dueling style.
- Bud of Atlantic

<Binky> Tagarr do you guys live in derricks basement?
<Binky> Do you guys ping like 3?

raasclaat

Post by raasclaat »

Hey Guys

This was really annoying me as I just started again UO after 13 years and Im having to use Windows for the first time 7 years. (yuck)

The problem: I have tried all the admin stuff, registry reports, file reports. But i forgot to try the easiest thing first !!

The issue lies with the windows7/8 sound control center. Basically when you modify the "Music" in UO, it is universally affecting the sound.

I know for me, when I turned the Music back on in UO, the sound started working again.

Solution for me:

- Turn both Sound and Music back on in UO and to full.
- Open up your file explorer and go to your UO Installation directory , for example --- X:\program files (x86)\Ultima Online\
- RENAME your "Music" folder to anything else, such as "Music.old" so that UO cannot reference it.

This way UO has all volumes up, yet it wont be able to find the MP3 files it uses for music.

It hasnt produced any errors or inconsistencies for me yet, even when it cant find the music files.

Hope this solves your headaches, hard to PvP without sound! :)