Using a different client?

Psilo

Using a different client?

Post by Psilo »

How can this be done to avoid map problems. I heard somewhere that later versions of UO run better than the current for UOSA. I have a fast computer and windows 7 and UOSA seems to run horrible with lots of client-side lagg/frame skipping.

I get desyncing problems all the time, especially on mounts. Whenever people are running they seem to warp and even when they equip the halberd to attack me I see skipped animations and they warped and hit me before I even see them move. It's impossible to duel players who know what they are doing atm because they can out-hally me that's how bad this issue is, it's difficult to get hally hits off because I don't know how close the player really is at times. It's very noticeable frame-skipping/warping lagg. Maybe I need to check packetloss? How can this be done.

I have no problems timing hally swings and hally spamming so this is clearly not a pvp skill issue, I used to run this smooth on Vista and it's gotten worse on Windows 7.

If anyone has any advice on these issues or how I can try a higher version of UO please help! I have honestly been logging on less because of these said issues since I'm mainly a pvper.

marmalade

Re: Using a different client?

Post by marmalade »

with my experience, earlier client versions seem to run considerably better than later versions. your client lag may be due to other problems.

Psilo

Re: Using a different client?

Post by Psilo »

Nevermind I fixed it thanks to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=14298

Time to start doing tourneys again.