Having problem after problem, anyone whos good w/ comps read

Menkaure
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Having problem after problem, anyone whos good w/ comps read

Post by Menkaure »

Ok, so first of all, the past couple months If i have more than 1 acct running within a few minutes, the one that I am not currently playing and the one just sitting in the background minimize, will freeze up, get a white screen and give me the "Not Responding" message.

So, after trying to fix it and failing, I said screw it. I only get on 2 accts when I need to trade stuff or carry stuff to my place. Now, the BIGGER problem Ive been having lately is Razor. It started ,messing up out of no where. If I pressed a hot key that would use a macro, my game owuld give me an error message, and if I hit thee quit button it would close out UO. But if I hit continue, I could still play. But it would freeze during this period, so if im in the middle of a fight and try to hit a macro, bam dead. So anyways, I said ok, Ill just have no macros. Now whenver I try to MAKE a macro, it just wont work. I click on macros, click on new, and then name the macro, but nothing comes up. So I have made a new character and really wanted to macro magery.resist etc, but I cant, because Razor wont let me make one. I have tried reinstalling the framework and I think I reinstalled razor a while back when I was having the other problem, but nothing worked. Can someone please give me some answers, I have windows Vista and have tried to run the client in administrator, but it is pretty much the same thing.

Sorry for the wall of text but its like I can barely even compete anymore. When you kill me in this game, remember Im not using Razor, just UO keys :(. I actually have to double click the potions to drink them lol.
GO SKINS
Catskills 1997-2002ish

wrathofjo

Re: Having problem after problem, anyone whos good w/ comps

Post by wrathofjo »

If you're using Win 7 try setting both UO and Razor to Compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3. Right click on the .exe(s) go to Compatibility and change it to Windows XP Service Pack 3 and make sure you check the little box there as well. This solved a laundry list of problems for me.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

First thing I'd try and uninstall all of UO and razor and anything uo related .. then reinstall with installer from our site .. plz report any errors.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

also, when you reinstall, try and install onto your second disk partition so it isn't on the same partition as the windows installation. i hear that fixes the 'white screen, not responding' problem.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Menkaure wrote:Now whenver I try to MAKE a macro, it just wont work.
If you are running Vista or Windows 7, ensure that you run Razor as Administrator, otherwise Razor can't save any settings or macros. You can right click and select "Run as administrator" every time, or better, set it permanently in the Properties.

Also:
wrathofjo wrote:Set Razor to Compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3.
this fixed my "white screen freeze" problem.
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

I have this problem sometimes...run a snooping macro or something in razor and it will come back on.
I say snooping because its pretty harmless :lol:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.