Strange Client-side lag, razor and possibly house related?

GuyWhoSaysMeh

Strange Client-side lag, razor and possibly house related?

Post by GuyWhoSaysMeh »

Hi all,
I've been having really strange (and annoying) lag for the past few months.

First off:
1. This problem only happens when I have razor open.
2. Use Smart CPU reduction is unchecked.
3. My ping to uosecondage.com is usually around 40-60 ms, even when this lag is happening.
4. I've opened all UOSA related ports.
5. It doesn't matter whether I have one or multiple clients open.

I seem to be getting lag similar to out-of-sync lag, but it starts when I recall or gate to my tower, and doesn't end until I close the UO client and restart it. Once I restart, if I recall/gate to the tower again, it starts again. The lag is basically like this: I'll be running forward, my character will suddenly stop moving (in relation to the environment), but his animation will run in place and I can hear footstep sounds like I was moving forward. If there is a door in my path I can see the door open. Sometimes the lag will resolve and I'll jump forward to the location where I would have been if I had no lag. Other times I won't be able to move (but I can see other people move) and it won't fix until I re-sync the client (via razor). Once this lag starts it happens about every 2 seconds, which is really annoying because I never know when my character is.

Is there anything about housing that would cause this? If I recall to town, close UO and restart it I can go anywhere and be lag free... until I recall back to my tower... On the other hand if I log in and I'm in the tower and then go anywhere, the lag follows me wherever I go.

Does anyone else have this problem? If so how did you fix it? I've been trying to figure it out for months now.

Thanks for any help!
UO Client 5.0.8.3 \ Razor 1.0.12.15
Win 7 Professional x64
AMD Phenom II X4 965
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 RT
4GB Corsair RAM PC3 12800
Radeon HD 5770
M-Audio Firewire 410

Derrick

Re: Strange Client-side lag, razor and possibly house relate

Post by Derrick »

This may be causes by an extrame amount of items in your house. They may be piled on top of eachother.

If this is still a problem, please send an in-game page using the help menu and i'll take a look.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

GuyWhoSaysMeh

Post by GuyWhoSaysMeh »

Thanks for taking a look Derrick. I've played with the display settings on the client, and nothing seems to have an effect. (I've restarted the client after making each change, and the result is the same). This seems to be directly related to razor, because none of this is an issue if I run the client without it.

Seems like it's only my razor that is doing this also, because guests to the tower do not have this problem.

Maybe I'll try removing and reinstalling razor and see what happens.
Win 7 Professional x64
AMD Phenom II X4 965
Radeon HD 5770
M-Audio Firewire 410

GuyWhoSaysMeh

Post by GuyWhoSaysMeh »

Update: I've reinstalled razor to no effect.

I did narrow down the problem though, it seems to be related to using a razor macro to "walk". I found this out because I have a macro that unlocks my door, walks through, then re-locks the door. The lag only starts once I execute this macro (which explains why it only happened when I went back to my tower).

I confirmed this by making a new macro with razor that walks north a few tiles. I restarted UO and was lag free, then played the macro, and instantly the lag started. Walking with razor seems to throw the client out of whack.

I'll avoid using the macro for now, but does anyone know of a solution to this?
Win 7 Professional x64
AMD Phenom II X4 965
Radeon HD 5770
M-Audio Firewire 410

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

GuyWhoSaysMeh wrote:I did narrow down the problem though, it seems to be related to using a razor macro to "walk".
I'm sorry i didn't mention this possibility. Yes, this has been a Razor bug for years. If you "move" in a razor macro you client will choke up until you restart it, not just log out and back in, but close UO client completely. There is no known fix for this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Populus

Post by Populus »

Derrick wrote:
GuyWhoSaysMeh wrote:I did narrow down the problem though, it seems to be related to using a razor macro to "walk".
I'm sorry i didn't mention this possibility. Yes, this has been a Razor bug for years. If you "move" in a razor macro you client will choke up until you restart it, not just log out and back in, but close UO client completely. There is no known fix for this.
What about resynching?
ImageImageImage
[cA]

GuyWhoSaysMeh

Post by GuyWhoSaysMeh »

Thanks for the info Derrick.

Re-syncing doesn't help. If this lag freezes me, re-syncing will let me move again but it'll come back as soon as I take another few steps.
Win 7 Professional x64
AMD Phenom II X4 965
Radeon HD 5770
M-Audio Firewire 410

Jason

Post by Jason »

this is happening to me as well, i will have excellent connection to the server, and decent ping. i will freeze up, but others around me will move.

kind of sucks watching yourself die due to a 15 second freeze.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Did you read this thread?

You didn't state that the last known fix post or info .. did not help you.

Plz up date...

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Jason wrote:this is happening to me as well, i will have excellent connection to the server, and decent ping. i will freeze up, but others around me will move.

kind of sucks watching yourself die due to a 15 second freeze.
This type of problem is invariably due to packet loss. Often due to using wifi.

Only remedy is to stop losing so many packets! Basically do what you can not to use wifi, adjust the power and frequency of the wireless access point and/or be closer (but not too close, like 5-10 feet) away from it as often as possible.

If you aren't using wifi you can try replacing your ethernet cable, but this will only fix a problem with an old or damaged cable. Sometimes the issue is on the ISPs side as well, so if it continues and you don't know any reason for it too (ie if you don't use wifi and all physical connections are sound) give your ISP a call and see whats up.

RickyM

Post by RickyM »

i think this is simply razor related.. when i use some macros with razor.. my client starts to freeze up like as if lagged.... take 2 steps.. pause.. take 2 steps pause.. makes me really feel like playing back in 99.. only solution i found is to restart the client...

corruption42

Post by corruption42 »

RickyM wrote:i think this is simply razor related.. when i use some macros with razor.. my client starts to freeze up like as if lagged.... take 2 steps.. pause.. take 2 steps pause.. makes me really feel like playing back in 99.. only solution i found is to restart the client...
Don't include walking in your macro. If you include movement within razor, the client will irreparably de-synchronize. As you found, can't do anything to clear it but exit the client. Just remove any movement you have in a macro, and it shouldn't occur at that level.
Valorite: The metal with mettle.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

corruption42 wrote:
RickyM wrote:i think this is simply razor related.. when i use some macros with razor.. my client starts to freeze up like as if lagged.... take 2 steps.. pause.. take 2 steps pause.. makes me really feel like playing back in 99.. only solution i found is to restart the client...
Don't include walking in your macro. If you include movement within razor, the client will irreparably de-synchronize. As you found, can't do anything to clear it but exit the client. Just remove any movement you have in a macro, and it shouldn't occur at that level.
Dead on!!
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay