raz0rrrrr

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

raz0rrrrr

Post by Quin the Wretch »

maybe a week ago I noticed some funny behavior from razor. When logging in I received the message "selected profile could not be used using default instead" From the point on I began to lose razor functionality. First went my macro hotkeys then more recently the sell/ scavenger/ etc agents. When I set them they do not save the second I minimize out of razor.

I am running razor as administrator

I am running Win 7

Originally I installed the UOSA/razor client package. I had another UO client/ razor installed at that time. They were uninstalled some time ago maybe months prior to these issues. I have uninstalled/reinstalled razor twice now (Razor site dl). 1st time I saved profiles, second time I didn't. The problem continues which makes me wonder if the original razor was married to the UOSA client in some way? Should I reinstall the UOSA package? Is the default profile not customizable? If so what happened to my customizable one?

TBH I dont really need razor to be successful at uo but I admit it does make things easier. Any help is appreciated.
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: raz0rrrrr

Post by Chaos »

Chances are when you unistalled the other copy .. it messed with our razor profiles .. best advise without me having had this problem or causing it and trying to recover .. would be just delete it all .. get ride of everything UO on your computer .. reinstall and to be on a safe note install into a diff directory so any reg. pathways are reset .. this time maybe install into c:game/uo .... then when you first log in pay attention to the profiles settings in razor as you log in ..

also maybe just check this on log in and not delete every thing.. but if all else fails .. delete it all restart .. and pay attention cause razor profles are diff from UO desktop files..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

This kinda stuff happens with razor a lot, based on all that has happened it would be hard to pin point exactly what caused it here. Best bet, since you've already done several drastic changes, is start over. Uninstall everything and install the UOSA package again. Assuming it works (cross your fingers), never touch it again. I'm a little superstitious about installing multiple instances of any software, so I'm inclined to believe the fact that you had 2 UOs and 2 razors has something to do with it, but its hard to really make the link given the vast time periods between the installing/uninstalling and problems beginning.

Quin the Wretch
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Quin the Wretch »

complete wipe/reintall and tada! functionality returned

no idea why.... but Im not that inquisitive

Thanks Chaos and Panthor for responses
"I really need to increase my knowledgment" -anonymous

Cousteau Calypso

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

I have this issue on my sisters laptop. I have removed and reinstalled the client and razor twice with no success. Still cant load profile or save a created one. I have tried creating profiles and then loading them while in razor but it wont load them. Sucks having to reset hotkeys every time i start razor and not being able to create macros.
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~

Cousteau Calypso

Post by Cousteau Calypso »

I had to right click razor, go to properties, and under the compatibility tab i had to check "run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3). I also had to check "run this program as an administrator" And because my sister's laptop logs into the default "user1" profile, I also had hit the "Change settings for all users" button. This solved my profile issues and my razor seems to function correctly. Thanks to Itachi for the help and others in irc for suggestions.
~Treasure Hunter, Bard, and Merchant~