running windows vista, razor wont work. help!!

avpr87

running windows vista, razor wont work. help!!

Post by avpr87 »

im running on windows vista and my razor wont remember or even let me make any macros,do i need to run it in another way or sumthing,anyone had similar problems please could u help me.

Populus

Re: running windows vista, razor wont work. help!!

Post by Populus »

I have the same problem, but it's easily fixed by running Razor as administrator.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I've heard tell of people getting better function by running it in 'Compatibility Mode' for Windows XP, as well.

This applied to Vista and Win 7 I believe. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

im still experiencing som problems. my game crashes alot and i cant use irc can someone help me wit that?

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Right click razor and turn on compatibility mode to windows xp and also turn off themes.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Klythe

Post by Klythe »

Set compatibility mode to XP SP3, disable desktop composition, and run as administrator.

These three options greatly increased my stability under Windows 7.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

say for example im not the best person on how to use a computer, i know a lil bit but wen it gets down to the little integral bits i need guiding,

1. how do i set compatibility mode to XP SP3,

i right click on razor wen i start it up to use compatibilty mode, but dont know how to change it to xp sp3.

2.how do i turn off the themses cos i would really like to see how many regs i got left and such,

3. i got quite a big screen but my uo page is quite small is there a way of making it a bit bigger.

so basically klythe or anyone else i jus need guiding on how to do those 3 things u suggested, most appreciated thank u

iamreallysquall

1. how do i set compatibility mode to XP SP3, i right click on razor wen i start it up to use compatibilty mode, but dont know how to change it to xp sp3.
right click shortcut-properties-compatibility- use the settings here http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Razor#Razor ... _Windows_7

2.how do i turn off the themses cos i would really like to see how many regs i got left and such, Above answer works for this if you have the latest razor then you don't need to disable desktop comp/ visual themes they work in vista / windows 7 so you can still use aero theme and still have normal bar on your uo window

3. i got quite a big screen but my uo page is quite small is there a way of making it a bit bigger.

razor window - more options tab - check of the box next to force game size and type in the size window you want i have 1400x900 resolution so i use 900 x 875 which leaves room for the bar at the top and some black area for other stuff

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

thank you for your reply iamreallysquall and everyone else who replied,

1. i have set it to XP SP3 and seems to be running a bit better.

2. iv turned off themes but still dont get the bar across the top to say how many regs iv got, if u have any others ideas that might help i would be greatly appreciative.

3.i changed the screen size to wat u said and it is alot bigger so thanks for that,is there a way of making it wider though as the height is perfect it all the way to the top,but the sides are still a bit narrow, im starting to think i shud hagve kept my old com,puter it was easier than this one lol

iamreallysquall

1. i have set it to XP SP3 and seems to be running a bit better.

sweet

2. iv turned off themes but still dont get the bar across the top to say how many regs iv got, if u have any others ideas that might help i would be greatly appreciative.

you need both visual theme /desktop compistion turned off but if you updated razor to the latest then you no longer need them disabled

3.i changed the screen size to what u said and it is a lot bigger so thanks for that,is there a way of making it wider though as the height is perfect it all the way to the top,but the sides are still a bit narrow, i am starting to think i should have kept my old computer it was easier than this one lol
adjust it to something wider by adjusting Y x 875 example : 1024 x 875 or 1200 x 875

sorry for the 7 day delay, never noticed this got responded to.

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

thanks for the reply but iv turned both themes off an still no reg bar, if u have any other ideas they would be most appreciated thank u

iamreallysquall

avpr87 wrote:thanks for the reply but iv turned both themes off an still no reg bar, if u have any other ideas they would be most appreciated thank u
i would make sure you updated your razor all the way(1.0.13.4)can check under the help tab your current version, then you don't need them disabled just the option for windows xp sp 3 check off and that it looks similar to this.

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

thanks for your patience iamreallysqual, iv sorted it eventually now, but iv decided not to play anymore, only joking lol, cheers mate, my in game char is called green-arrow if ya see me round feel free to stop in for a chat thanks for the help mate