Saving Profiles and Macros on the internet

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Saving Profiles and Macros on the internet

Post by fox_phyre »

Can anyone direct me to a good website or service of some kind that would allow me to save my macros/razor profiles so that when I go between computers in my college library I don't have to redownload UO from the main page and setup a razor profile every time I want to hop on and do simple things. It would be much appreciated and allow me to play in the small pockets of time I may have between and after classes. Currently I am able to save a few macros via attaching them to emails but I don't want to have to save the 20-30ish macros i use frequently that are complex, and the email service I use has some issue with .xml files (like razor profiles) and can only hold 4 attachments per email.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Saving Profiles and Macros on the internet

Post by Mikel123 »

Could you just paste them into a Google doc?

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

You could maybe make a mini'ish install of UO razor and everything on a jump drive .. then you would just need to extract the reg. files and make a small folder of them were you could just add in the values to point to the jump drive and correct folder .. should fire right up.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

The only thing that really matters are your profiles and your counters.xml file. If there are too many files for a single email, I recommend looking into:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.tar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.zip

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Backup the razor text files. Email them to yourself.

macros2d.txt and uo.cfg for in game macros and settings (find your UO install dir)
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Don't forget desktop.mul unless you want to re-drag your spell icons and stuff.

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by fox_phyre »

Chaos- I have done that in the past but always end up sitting on it or breaking it somehow, and am trying to find a free way to do it.

Everyone else- I understand what I need to save, but I am just looking for the best way to do it so I can immediately transfer it from the internet to the computer, and copy/pasting text files into folders is not quick at all. To keep this thread as concise as possible I am looking for something free, quick and reliable. As it stands now it takes 15 minutes just to DL, install, and setup a basic razor profile, and that is without macros or character specific hotkeys.
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Run a VM on a USB stick
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

fox_phyre wrote:Chaos- I have done that in the past but always end up sitting on it or breaking it somehow, and am trying to find a free way to do it.

Everyone else- I understand what I need to save, but I am just looking for the best way to do it so I can immediately transfer it from the internet to the computer, and copy/pasting text files into folders is not quick at all. To keep this thread as concise as possible I am looking for something free, quick and reliable. As it stands now it takes 15 minutes just to DL, install, and setup a basic razor profile, and that is without macros or character specific hotkeys.
You won't get anything simpler than a tar or some kind of archive format along with a usb stick or an email to yourself. If you're actually looking for a tool designed to do these kinds of things, rsync is the way to go, but that seems very heavy duty for your needs. I also don't know if I would call it very friendly to people unfamiliar with it.

Hans
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hans »

Chaos' suggestion is ideal - and these flash drives are fairly rugged, tiny, and cheap:
link to amazon

Otherwise, why not just connect to your home/dorm PC with a remote control application, such as VNC, TeamViewer, or Remote Desktop? It won't be the fastest thing in the world, but if you're not PvM or PvPing it should accomplish what you want.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

fox_phyre wrote:Can anyone direct me to a good website or service of some kind that would allow me to save my macros/razor profiles so that when I go between computers in my college library I don't have to redownload UO from the main page and setup a razor profile every time I want to hop on and do simple things. It would be much appreciated and allow me to play in the small pockets of time I may have between and after classes. Currently I am able to save a few macros via attaching them to emails but I don't want to have to save the 20-30ish macros i use frequently that are complex, and the email service I use has some issue with .xml files (like razor profiles) and can only hold 4 attachments per email.

Gmail will give you over 7gb of space, just email the files to yourself. If they are too big you can use sendspace.com but they only hold your stuff for 2 weeks I think might be longer if you register, worth a look at the very least.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kryptonical »

Why not just load the pre-zipped files to Drop box?

get to a new computer, log into drop box, download the zip..done.