computer CPU

poushma

computer CPU

Post by poushma »

Is it bad idea to use Desktop computer without CPU fan ? My CPU fan is noisy. So I am going to take out my CPU fan from my desktop computer. So it will be silent. I wont do video games. I will just do internet.
Last edited by poushma on Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: computer CPU

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Probably still not a good idea. Sometimes applications (particularly flash/silverlight) can have memory leaks cranking up your CPU. Just buy a quiet fan. But then again, I know 0 about computers compared to most.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I would NOT suggest this. I would also not advise you to ignore it. Go buy a new fan. A noisy fan is likely due to fail at any given time and it is NEVER a good idea to run your computer without proper cooling devices. Post make and model computer and I'll see if I can link you to a replacement cpu fan. Most times they only cost a few bucks.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Chaos wrote:I would NOT suggest this. I would also not advise you to ignore it. Go buy a new fan. A noisy fan is likely due to fail at any given time and it is NEVER a good idea to run your computer without proper cooling devices. Post make and model computer and I'll see if I can link you to a replacement cpu fan. Most times they only cost a few bucks.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ truth
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

thatguybob

Post by thatguybob »

Are you serious? You're going to remove your cooling fan? WTF

You egging to buy a new CPU or something?