Character Logs in game world, but cannot be played

convicted_weirdo

Character Logs in game world, but cannot be played

Post by convicted_weirdo »

Hey Hey. Kinda odd. I've got one character on my main account which has become unplayable. When I go to log in, it stalls after saying "Login Confirmed. Welcome to ultima online." I've used another account character and found my "unplayable" character, just chilling behind a tree. The character is in the game world, but is unplayable. Other characters from the same account still work.

Also, after about 5 minutes of trying to log the character in (which is does on the server end but not on mine) it says "connection lost"

I've tried deleting the character folder from the install folder, and still had no success. Any suggestions?

Errikos

Re: Character Logs in game world, but cannot be played

Post by Errikos »

If using Razor to connect, try connecting without Razor.

If it persists, reinstall UO and Razor and then try.

convicted_weirdo

Tried without razor first, still the same. Then uninstalled and reinstalled UO and razor, and still the same. All other characters are working without a hitch. I'm stumped. =/

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

What client are you using .. two things I can think of .. one likely one not so much .. A) if you are using a not using the download from out shard then your client could be bugging on some thing on the screen it can not handle with the client you are using B) you are logged on in a area that is flooded with items and the client can not process them all to create the game screen and "load"..

Either way what client are you using.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

convicted_weirdo

I'm using 5.0.8.3. It's the client I got from this site. And my character is in a normal spot just outside brittania. I checked with my other account, and there is nothing around the character when it logs in.

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

Not sure if it would matter but delete razor profile to ..

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

convicted_weirdo

Yeah, gave that a shot too. Still nadaa :(

Errikos

Post by Errikos »

I'm getting the feeling that the staff will have to intervene to get this fixed.

If it were me, I might try getting another character and having him log out in the same exact spot to see if that character will have the problem, too, but I'm not sure you want to risk one of your other characters.

convicted_weirdo

Hey hey! Apparent success. Tried everything a zillion times. It started happening to other characters too.
But i changed the login info in the login.cfg file from login.uosecondage.com to simply uo.secondage.com and everything works like a charm. lol. I don;t know how but i aint complaining. Cheers everyone.

And an update. turns out it's not fixed. Ahwell, keep trying. lol. Seems quite random, so I'm blaming my crappy isp.