Lost connection during the day today...PLEASE HELP!

Apocalypse

Lost connection during the day today...PLEASE HELP!

Post by Apocalypse »

Hey all,

Nerdy question.

So, I've been working on recording times for how long it takes me to raise certain skills (using Razor macros) from like 50-60, 60-70, 7-80, and so on. Today I had a macro running and thought I would be fine (working on 90-100 stealing at the moment) to leave the house for about 4 hours. At some point, while I was gone I lost connection.

Basically, I want to know if there is any way (event viewer maybe?) to find out when I lost connection so I can know how much time had passed.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro.

Any help is much appreciated. (not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in)

PLEASE HELP!

itwouldbewise

Re: Lost connection during the day today...PLEASE HELP!

Post by itwouldbewise »

I'm am not aware of a way to do this retroactively (i.e. I don't know of a way, for example, to look at past network use or when a program stopped running, to deduce the time at which you lost connection... although Windows might keep a log file of those things)...

BUT, recording a packet video when you start your macro IS a very effective way to track how long it's been going. Packet videos take very little memory, so it's no big deal to keep it recording for 24 hours (and if you are in your house where not much is going on--i.e. not many packets going back and forth--it's even smaller). The time-stamp in the file name tells you when the packet video was started and when you open the packet video, the timer tells you the length of the video in minutes (from which, I hope, you can figure out how many hours you have been macroing). Furthermore, you can also see where something went wrong (IF something goes wrong, that is) b/c you have a record of what happened (e.g. if you were town killed, you can find out who dunnit so you can get your sweet revenge).

Hope that helps.
Mistah T
The Pity-er of Fools