Can you use/have more than one client

randale

Can you use/have more than one client

Post by randale »

Or can you just have one, if you try install another it will override the first one. I'd like to get to T2A client myself. I have Mondain's Legacy

Oh, and another thing, I'm guessing this is why I have discordance as one of my skills, enticement was changed to it later on. I've never used it, and won't, I'm guessing I'm not supposed to because it's not a T2A skill. But, will it actually work, or will it do what enticement does instead?

Meradin

Re: Can you use/have more than one client

Post by Meradin »

randale wrote:Or can you just have one, if you try install another it will override the first one. I'd like to get to T2A client myself. I have Mondain's Legacy

Oh, and another thing, I'm guessing this is why I have discordance as one of my skills, enticement was changed to it later on. I've never used it, and won't, I'm guessing I'm not supposed to because it's not a T2A skill. But, will it actually work, or will it do what enticement does instead?
Yes you can, just open razor like you would to start UOSA in the first place, a second client will open.

Your second question.....i have played for 13 years, and i dont even know how to begin to anwser your question...I will say this...i hope if i am wrong some bard would correct me, IMHO between Provo, Peacemaking, and music, that is alot of skills devoted to barding..i dont know wtf enticement is...but its hurting my brain thinking about it. I would goto the UOSAwiki http://wiki.uosecondage.com to find out more.
My ideal bard template would be.
Provo,Music,Peace,Magery,Eval,Med,Hiding or Resist. Hiding is my favorite skill. more then anything staying alive is most important.

itwouldbewise

Post by itwouldbewise »

Enticement is the ultimate gating-away-tamed-animals-from-in-town skill. Basically it makes the creature walk to you (kind of like attacking it), but does not make you criminal. It has no other use as far as I can tell...
Mistah T
The Pity-er of Fools

Meradin

Post by Meradin »

i never had the patience to train taming or provo, so i never had them :P never saw the point when evs kill everything.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

you can install multiple clients just make sure you install them to different directorys if you wish to keep both.
discordance is enticement like was already said functions the same way just list diffrent in razor and the client as the client is a newer version.
Meradin wrote:
randale wrote:Or can you just have one, if you try install another it will override the first one. I'd like to get to T2A client myself. I have Mondain's Legacy

Yes you can, just open razor like you would to start UOSA in the first place, a second client will open.

Your second question.....i have played for 13 years, and i dont even know how to begin to anwser your question...I will say this...i hope if i am wrong some bard would correct me, IMHO between Provo, Peacemaking, and music, that is alot of skills devoted to barding..i dont know wtf enticement is...but its hurting my brain thinking about it. I would goto the UOSAwiki http://wiki.uosecondage.com to find out more.
Provo,Music,Peace,Magery,Eval,Med,Hiding or Resist. Hiding is my favorite skill. more then anything staying alive is most important.

wrestling > peacemake , resist > hide (for staying alive)

mage,med,resist,eval,wrestle,music,provoke

peacemake pretty useless skill else from griefing bards why ? i hit peace i wait 10 seconds the monsters are already attacking again before i can provoke your better of just double provoking at that point.

hide ok as a new player before you get your mage/med/resist up, but your spending money on regs might as well get resist considering if you don't have it mana vampire / mana drain will ruin your day as will harder spawn. Most pk's have scouts and and hide will not really save you in that situation.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

randale

Post by randale »

Meradin wrote:

You make it sound like it's trying to come up the unified field theory equation, all you'd really need to do is google it/look it up on the wiki here/look on stratics. It never occured to you to do this?
I like it because ,is it, unlike invisibilty it is permanent until you are revealed, or move/perform some action which reveals you. But that is just it's weakness. Tracking will tell you relatively where even a hidden character is, then they must use reveal. But, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. I wonder if I should go with Wrestling instead as that makes it harder for you to get a disrupted when casting a spell. But, I wonder why I'd need that, maybe it's of more use in PvP combat. With Monsters all I'd need to is get them provoked and fighting each other, which will leave me lots of time to cast a spell. I was thinking of perhaps going with poisoning for my poison spells, or keeping hiding. As right now I have almost GM Provoke, almost GM eval int, GM hiding, GM Musicianship, and plan to also GM Resist, Magery and Med, which will leave me with one more skill to GM. Another thing with hiding is it is harder to reveal you than with the reveal spell. I found you can, however, use invis to become invisible, and stay invisible while you loot your corpse, and unlike hiding you can use it when a creature is right next to you.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Peacemaking is useless. Period. Poisoning doesn't help you do anything more than poison food or a weapon. Leave it for your crafter. Hiding is only good as an active combat skill (i.e. you need 2 extra seconds for a bandage to go off) and still sort of a waste if you're actually considering combat effectiveness. Don't even think it's useful to go AFK at the bank. That's foolishness. But the main thing to know is that no matter who you are, what you do or where you go a PK WILL swing a hally at you at some point and the only defense is wrestling. If you say you have an EXTRA 100 points and don't have wrestling they aren't extra!!!!!!!!

randale

Post by randale »

I found this an old post from Derrick a while back his text is at the bottom
randale wrote:
Kylock wrote:
I love those older clients too, but they seem to crash more often ;|
Can I have more than One UO client, rather than it overriding the one I already have? I play on other shards as well.
The UO client doesn't work well with multiple installs. f you plan on using the client somewhere else, even on EA servers, just use the latest. It'll work fine here.
You'll see razor has a feature specifically designed to let you use multiple clients, built into the first screen to let you select to UO directory you want to use. Anyway, if I want the old music (and I do) I will NE http://www.uosecondage.com/ConnectingED to use the UO2TA client. Anyway, I see you can download it here http://www.uosecondage.com/Connecting

I already have Razor and UOAutoMap, it would help if that was a package rather than an EXE which installs all three, and would let me choose which I want to install.

Galendae
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Galendae »

"Can you use/have more than one client"

Telamon, why don't you field this one, bro!

Galendae

"reality hits you hard bro!"

randale

Post by randale »

Meradin wrote:i never had the patience to train taming or provo, so i never had them :P never saw the point when evs kill everything.
I always found EV's dangerous. Well, on my last pre-ren shard they seemed 99% of the time to attack whatever was closest to it where it arrived, as did Blade Spirits. However, here the Blade Spirit almost always comes after me, regardless of how close I am to it, it seems. So, I'm hesistant to use EV. Not to mention the fact that casting an EV, no matter what your magery is, can fail, whereas having provoke and musicianship both at GM would according to the wiki mean you have a 100% chance of success.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

randale wrote:
Meradin wrote:i never had the patience to train taming or provo, so i never had them :P never saw the point when evs kill everything.
I always found EV's dangerous. Well, on my last pre-ren shard they seemed 99% of the time to attack whatever was closest to it where it arrived, as did Blade Spirits. However, here the Blade Spirit almost always comes after me, regardless of how close I am to it, it seems. So, I'm hesistant to use EV. Not to mention the fact that casting an EV, no matter what your magery is, can fail, whereas having provoke and musicianship both at GM would according to the wiki mean you have a 100% chance of success.
you use ev scrolls its 2 circles less requirement on scroll so it will have the failure rate of 6th circle spell at gm magery if you use a scroll
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Meradin

Post by Meradin »

randale wrote:
Meradin wrote:

You make it sound like it's trying to come up the unified field theory equation, all you'd really need to do is google it/look it up on the wiki here/look on stratics. It never occured to you to do this?
I like it because ,is it, unlike invisibilty it is permanent until you are revealed, or move/perform some action which reveals you. But that is just it's weakness. Tracking will tell you relatively where even a hidden character is, then they must use reveal. But, I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. I wonder if I should go with Wrestling instead as that makes it harder for you to get a disrupted when casting a spell. But, I wonder why I'd need that, maybe it's of more use in PvP combat. With Monsters all I'd need to is get them provoked and fighting each other, which will leave me lots of time to cast a spell. I was thinking of perhaps going with poisoning for my poison spells, or keeping hiding. As right now I have almost GM Provoke, almost GM eval int, GM hiding, GM Musicianship, and plan to also GM Resist, Magery and Med, which will leave me with one more skill to GM. Another thing with hiding is it is harder to reveal you than with the reveal spell. I found you can, however, use invis to become invisible, and stay invisible while you loot your corpse, and unlike hiding you can use it when a creature is right next to you.
I was very high, and ive never played a bard befor. so to me i guess it kinda was like a quantum string theory.

randale

Post by randale »

Anyway, hope it doesn't cause any problems. I do want to use the T2A client, so the music will work for me.