Problem with Razor

mrl4963

Problem with Razor

Post by mrl4963 »

When I open Razor and launch the game, my razor box disappears and does not show back up. It is in my task bar, however, when I right click it, it gives me 3 options: Show Razor, Hide Razor, and Toggle visibility. None of these seem to do anything to solve my problem.

I have uninstalled everything having to do with UO and reinstalled to find I am still facing the same problem. Can anyone help with this? I really sucks not being able to macro while I do other things

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Problem with Razor

Post by Stuck »

mrl4963 wrote:When I open Razor and launch the game, my razor box disappears and does not show back up. It is in my task bar, however, when I right click it, it gives me 3 options: Show Razor, Hide Razor, and Toggle visibility. None of these seem to do anything to solve my problem.

I have uninstalled everything having to do with UO and reinstalled to find I am still facing the same problem. Can anyone help with this? I really sucks not being able to macro while I do other things
This used to happen to me sometimes. Have you tried alt-tabbing to razor after you login?

mrl4963

Post by mrl4963 »

i just tried that and it brings me to my desktop. I am running vista and when i alt-tab, i get a box that shows razor and UO on it but it doesnt let me click on either.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Getting rid of Vista is almost certain to solve this problem, along with many other headaches :)... but sorry, I can't think of any other solutions.

I can say this: I had an external monitor on my laptop at one point, and I had my screen resolution much higher than I could have on my laptop screen. While the external monitor was connected, I had dragged my UO client window outside of the laptop's resolution's range. Later, after having disconnected the monitor, I could not see the UO client anywhere on my laptop (even at the highest resolution). The only way I could get it to appear was to maximize the window using windows hotkeys--e.g. alt-F and then pressing maximize--which you cannot do with the razor window.

You might play with your resolution settings (with an external monitor if you have one) and see if you can find the window hidden somewhere.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Dartacalus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Dartacalus »

You could try disabling some of the visual themes on Razor, it might help:
  • Right-click on the Razor icon
  • Choose Properties
  • Click Compatibility tab
  • Check Disable visual themes, Disable desktop composition, and Run this program as administrator
  • Click OK
  • Restart Razor
Dartacalus

mrl4963

Post by mrl4963 »

Bazookas, YOU'RE A FRIGGIN GENIUS!!! thank you! i changed my resolution to a very high one (so high i can barely see the words) and there it was! I sure wish you could have told me this a week ago and save me from manually having to raise magery/meditation lol

Anyways, I'm so happy, I could hug you right now!

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Glad it worked out. I still highly recommend dropping Vista asap :)
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

mrl4963

Post by mrl4963 »

I plan to after christmas! Just bought a new hard drive to transfer all my files to.