Black Tiles/Obscured game window

Draconian

Black Tiles/Obscured game window

Post by Draconian »

Does anyone know why this happens, or how to fix it?

Thanks
Attachments
Black_tiles.JPG

Abbot

Re: Black Tiles/Obscured game window

Post by Abbot »

Forcing your game window size above 800x600 in Razor will cause this to happen.
I don't think there's a fix besides not doing that.
<Soma> He may be a pedophile, but he's a damn good smith
<Sheer_Luck> Yeah but all the hally handles smell funny.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Black Tiles/Obscured game window

Post by Roser »

When using the recommended client (5.0.8.3) the larger you force your screen size the worse you will get black tiles.

This is very unfortunate for players who use a large screen and wish to have G.I Joe size characters running about.

You can either do as abbot says and shrink your screen size, or you can use a newer (or newest) client. Newer clients do not have this problem and look a lot smoother when using large screen sizes.

If you decide to use a new client, know that this comes with other problems such as different map files that do not sync up with the server, which cause you to rubber band off lots of invisible things.

There is a fix for this, it requires dropping all .mul files from the UOSA directory into your newer client directory. The fix is not perfect by any means, but it will restore the UOSA map to a playable extent. You will however be left with lots of additional crap layered over top of your map, again, that you rubber band off of. I can count about five or six really bad spots over the world, but overall its not bad.... basically stay out of Magincia.

By the way, if anyone has a better fix for newer clients... please let me know.