no sound - quick question

Askane

no sound - quick question

Post by Askane »

my sound doesnt work, but my music does, so i looked in the UO folder in Program Files and there seems to be a music folder, but no sound folder. ive tried re-installing several clients and no luck, so i downloaded uo sound effect files, now all i need to know is where your sound effect folder is located, and the name of it. any help is greatly appreciated.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: no sound - quick question

Post by nightshark »

There is no sound folder, it's stored in a file called something like sounds.mul (I forget). Your problem is unlikely related to the files, but your Windows set up.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Askane

Post by Askane »

well thats unfortunate. any ideas?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

The only things I can think to suggest is that both your sound and music should be turned to 255 (max) in the UO settings (alt-O). It has been known to cause problems if you alter the volume on some computers.

An obvious one is to check that your WAV output in Windows is turned up and not muted.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Askane

Post by Askane »

already tried both of those. not the problem. well, thanks anyways.