Simple Ultima Multi Patcher .4

xenoglyph

Post by xenoglyph »

Console app, requires .Net Framework 2.0. C# source included.

Patches UO clients. Available patches: multi-uo, always light, felucca stamina check (forces it to be checked server side), Batlin's sleep patch, Garret's patch to display no-draw items, encryption removal, and hifi's global sound patch

Supported clients: 4.x-7.x

Code: Select all

Currently supported UO clients: 4.x - 7.x
Note: wildcards are supported for filename.  For example: *.exe

Usage: SUMP.exe <filename> <options>
Example: SUMP.exe client.exe -m -l -s -b -g -e -h

Options:
-m : Apply multi-uo patch which allows you to run multiple clients.
-l : Apply always light patch.
-s : Remove stamina check when pushing through mobiles.
-b : Apply Batlin's sleep patch to reduce CPU usage.
-g : Apply Garret's patch to display no-draw items.
-e : Remove protocol encryption (and decryption).
-h : Apply hifi's global sound patch which enables sound for minimized client.
What's new:

Added Garret's patch to display no-draw items. (info: http://www.joinuo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=504)
Added encryption removal patch.
Added hifi's global sound patch and added support for 6.x+ clients. (info: http://hifi.iki.fi/uo-gsound.c)
Added support for filename wildcards (i.e. *.exe)
Separated code into individual source files for each patch.

Mirror:
http://www.magnetoid.com/SUMP.7z
Attachments
SUMP.7z
(23.47 KiB) Downloaded 839 times
Last edited by xenoglyph on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:52 am, edited 8 times in total.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Simple Ultima Multi Patcher .2

Post by Roser »

Remove stamina check when pushing through mobiles?

What exactly is this all about?

Mirage
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mirage »

In english, what does this patcher do?
Syntax of the Wolfpack (TW) - PVP Since 97'

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

the first 2 options are already covered by razor

i can think of at least 1 use for server side stam checks, the amount of rubberbanding would get annoying though :O
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

xenoglyph

Post by xenoglyph »

If you use Razor you probably have no need for it. As far as I know there isn't a multi-uo or always light patch available for new clients besides the tools I've released.
This is for the one or two anti-Razor types on the shard. The main reason it's out there is just to keep this info in the public domain.

I'll be adding Batlin's sleep patch (thanks Batlin!) and encryption removal. I may as well add hifi's patch too, I have a different DirectSound bug that I might get around to fixing as well.

xenoglyph

Re: Simple Ultima Multi Patcher .3 (updated 4/4)

Post by xenoglyph »

Batlin's sleep patch added!

Shane Dog

Post by Shane Dog »

How exactly do I add all of that? I tried Battlin's sleep patcher but when I tried to run it after download I got dll error messages saying my computer did not have 2 or 3 dll files I would need to run it.

I am not a "super computer savvy" kinda guy. So I did some research, found the files I needed and installed them into the proper windows directories.

Then I got a "font.mul" error message when trying to run Battlin's patch. Could not find any "solid" information on how to fix that.

After all that was said and done I decided to go out on a limb and directly copy Battlin's sleeper patch into my UO directory. (I am a trial and error kind of guy when it comes to computers since I never learned any of this stuff in any sort of class or anything)

So now in my main page of my UO directory I have 3 applications: "client" and "client_neonc" <--these guys were already there...and the new one from Battlin "client-shortsleep"

When I try to directly run "client" and "client-shortsleep" it tells me I cannot connect to Origin at this time but when I directly run "client_neonc" I can connect just fine.

Basically what I am getting at is how does a normal run of the mill UO player use this stuff. When I launch razor I don't know if it is patched.

Is it patched as long as it is in the UO directory? Can it be used when using Razor to launch UO?

After I figure this out and if it works I will try the other ones you did also (I tried them 1st but it seemed more complicated)
"A wise man makes no mistakes; yet, mistakes make a man wise" ~ self quote 2001

xenoglyph

Post by xenoglyph »

copy the patcher (SUMP.exe) to your UO installation folder (or wherever the client you want to patch is located) and open a command prompt. In Windows 7 you can open a command prompt in the location you want by holding down shift and right clicking the folder, select "Open command window here".

Then type (minus the quotes) "SUMP client.exe -b" and press enter to patch client.exe for example. It tells you if the patch was successful and what it saved the file as. In this case it would write the patched client to client_patched.exe

Razor automatically launches the client according to installation path...so for it to launch the patched one you'll have to put it in your UO installation folder and rename it to client.exe

Regarding "client-shortsleep.exe"...that's just a 5.0.8.3 client.exe with sleep patch applied. If you run my patcher on a 5.0.8.3 client it will produce a client that's functionally identical (though with a few bytes in different places because our approaches are slightly different)

Shane Dog

Post by Shane Dog »

Thanks, it worked and I deleted all the client apps except for the new patched one. What are the pros and cons of having the game do the stamina check client side instead of server side? I am thinking about adding that stamina check one next.

I use razor so the other 2 patches Razor allows me to do already.
"A wise man makes no mistakes; yet, mistakes make a man wise" ~ self quote 2001

xenoglyph

Re: Simple Ultima Multi Patcher .4

Post by xenoglyph »

The stamina one isn't a necessary patch. I just found it in some old code of mine and put it in there. I don't even remember why I did it =D

P.S. updated to .4, it's a pretty complete patcher now.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

there are instances where the client disallows you to move in particular ways, even though it's a legal movement
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

drafted

Post by drafted »

OK SO i have been pounding my head on the wall until ive bloodied my forehead with these stupid client side multi client function not supported pop ups , after hours and hours and hours of searching the net i found this goldem gem of a patcher that eliminated that FN pop up thank you so much pat yourself on the back but i think the word needs be spread better thru google search tag for Ultima online multi client warnring disabler or something jeesh , again thanks only tryed the -m on client 7.0.25.7 and works wonders

Altho, i couldnt open cmd prompt the way you said i did take a dos class and was able to navigate cmd prompt to the correct folder where sump.exe was located, so for those that are in my situation these are basic commands
start menu - run - type in CMD hit enter

c:\>users\yournamehere

type cd..
hit enter
do it again til you get to the next line only

you get to c:\>

(next line assumes your install path for uo is not customized or patched)

type cd\program files (x86)\electronic arts\ultima online classic <---install path of client.exe

type sump.exe so on so fourth as described above , hope this helps